TravelTalkOnline

Air sunshine San Juan

Posted By: Hoop77

Air sunshine San Juan - 06/19/2016 02:04 AM

We head out tomorrow and I'm getting nervous reading all the negative posts about air sunshine. We arrive at 1 and will have to claim our bags and are booked on the 5 pm flight, any problem with this? They said we could also take th 2:30 flight but after reading posts that doesn't seem possible, any thoughts? Must we go through immigration or can we simply claim our bags and proceed to terminal a?
Posted By: warren460

Re: Air sunshine San Juan - 06/19/2016 03:53 AM

I have never had any issues with air sunshine.
Posted By: Breeze

Re: Air sunshine San Juan - 06/19/2016 12:32 PM

Hoop, if you are down-bound from the States to the Islands, you do not have anything to do with customs or Immigration in SJU. You will claim your bags and head to the proper terminal. The 2:30 flight would DEFINITELY be doable if you weren't waiting for baggage claim, but with the 5 PM flight you are totally covered.

There is nothing to stress about in this situation. Getting Lucky would mean your bags are quick, and you get to Air Sunshine in time for the 2:30, but I wouldn't be tempted to hoof it unless you incoming flight arrives early and your bag retrieval is FAST. Otherwise, just go check in with AS and then unlimber your wallet for lunch and a few beverages.
Posted By: captmoby

Re: Air sunshine San Juan - 06/19/2016 12:41 PM

If you get there in time and they have room they will put you on the 2:30. One of the nice things about Air Sunshine. Try that with some other carrier.
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: Air sunshine San Juan - 06/19/2016 04:36 PM

Given your arrival times you might want to call AS 24 hours before to confirm your flight AND tell them that you are arriving that early - often we arrive at 2:15 and they will hold the 2:30 flight to put us on it as we usually arrive at their ticket location by about 2:45 - then we just go with the 2:30 flight passengers on the delayed 2:30 - this helps us and them as they get to carry a full load and leave room for last minute passengers on the 5PM - cheers Brian
Posted By: mdoyle9999

Re: Air sunshine San Juan - 06/20/2016 10:09 AM

You should be fine for the 2:30. Call ahead as Brian suggests. They are very accompdating. All of the advice above is on the money.
We fly them all the tme and have our 65 lb dog with us in the cabin. Never, ever had a problem with them. We have been doing this for so long we have become friends with most of the SJU staff.
Posted By: Hoop77

Re: Air sunshine San Juan - 06/26/2016 02:22 PM

Just returned from a fabulous trip and wanted to report that you all were correct. Air Sunshine was a breeze as was the airport in San Juan. They put us on the 2:30 flight and our return flight from Virgin Gorda left early giving us plenty of time to make our connection. I would definitely fly them again. Thanks for all the advice😊

Re: Air sunshine San Juan - 06/26/2016 06:44 PM

You're very welcome - hope to see you back in VG again - cheers Brian
Posted By: macaroni

Re: Air sunshine San Juan - 06/27/2016 09:17 PM

We want to take an early flight from San Juan to VG, but the early one says on demand...does that mean if they don't have a full flight we will be waiting around all day? Am I better off with Cape Air with 1 stop to VG...thanks for your thoughts.
Posted By: captmoby

Re: Air sunshine San Juan - 06/27/2016 10:41 PM

Check the flight number it's probably a flight that goes to EIS anyway. You would be the "on demand" people/part. Why not ask them?

Re: Air sunshine San Juan - 06/28/2016 09:27 PM

When you inquire about the tickets ask them how many are on the flight - cheers Brian
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline