TravelTalkOnline

code share

Posted By: IWIWSE

code share - 12/26/2016 05:12 PM

Good Afternoon. There was a thread a while ago about purchasing code share airlines on one ticket. I can't find the thread. We are looking into flying into Virgin Gorda this April instead of the ferry. When i check flights its cheaper to purchase separate tickets. What am I missing?
Thank You,
Ellen
Posted By: Fletch

Re: code share - 12/26/2016 05:54 PM

Purchasing a code share flight on one ticket (through your primary airline) doesn't necessarily guarantee a lower fare. The protection you are getting is that both flights will be on one ticket and that means if your first flight is delayed and you miss your connecting (code share) flight it is the airline's responsibility to get you to your final destination. If you travel on two separate tickets and you miss your connecting flight it becomes your responsibility to get to your final destination. Depending on the airline this could mean having to purchase another ticket at "full fare". This can be especially costly if you miss your connection on your flight back to your home airport.

L
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: code share - 12/26/2016 07:17 PM

That and, if you pay for bags, or your status entitles you to free bags, you don't pay again on the second, codeshare flight.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: code share - 12/26/2016 09:01 PM

Yes, but as Fletch said, the much more important issue is what happens if the spam hits the fan. If it's one ticket, the airlines are responsible for getting you where you need to be, albeit 'eventually' sometimes, at their cost. If it's separate tickets, you are just a 'no show' as far as they are concerned and they owe you bupkus...
Posted By: tpcook

Re: code share - 12/27/2016 03:13 AM

Seems to be mute as only Air Sunshine flies into Virgin Gorda at this time. All the rest drop you off at Beef Island and then you need to take a ferry.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: code share - 12/27/2016 03:15 AM

Air Sunshine does not as far as I know meet the minimum standards to code share with a major airline, If Cape Air is not flying there then it's a no go other then the ferry.
Posted By: Breeze

Re: code share - 12/27/2016 12:52 PM

sometimes doing what works is actually easiest.
Posted By: Kmon

Re: code share - 12/27/2016 05:02 PM

Cape Air was flying into Virgin Gorda on Dec 14th and I think they still do.
Posted By: tpcook

Re: code share - 12/29/2016 04:24 PM

Looks like Cape Air is doing flights to VG. Was not aware of that.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline