TravelTalkOnline

Saba Rock Menu

Posted By: macaroni

Saba Rock Menu - 10/31/2021 01:25 PM

Does anyone have a picture of the menu or a link to pass along. Looking forward to returning…Really missed going there our last 2 trips.
Thanks!
Posted By: Midsouth

Re: Saba Rock Menu - 10/31/2021 01:56 PM

If you can wait for one week, I'll be glad to post a photo of the menu 😉
Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Re: Saba Rock Menu - 10/31/2021 03:24 PM

Avoid the mozzarella sticks!! I did enjoy the lobster bites (although it was shrimp to be fair as it is not yet lobster season), pizza and the steak sandwich.
Posted By: macaroni

Re: Saba Rock Menu - 10/31/2021 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Midsouth
If you can wait for one week, I'll be glad to post a photo of the menu 😉

Thanks…I will try to be patient…hahaha….
Posted By: Bo Scott

Re: Saba Rock Menu - 11/01/2021 02:23 PM

wish would have said something day before yesterday, we had a menu on the boat.

Bo
Posted By: RickinAtlanta

Re: Saba Rock Menu - 11/01/2021 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by VirginGordaResident
Avoid the mozzarella sticks!! I did enjoy the lobster bites (although it was shrimp to be fair as it is not yet lobster season), pizza and the steak sandwich.

So they tell you it's Lobster Bites but it's shrimp? Probably paid the lobster price. Bad start.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Saba Rock Menu - 11/01/2021 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by RickinAtlanta
Originally Posted by VirginGordaResident

So they tell you it's Lobster Bites but it's shrimp? Probably paid the lobster price. Bad start.

They probably told them. It's pretty common practice here to substitute shrimp for lobster in dishes like pasta, fritters, fried rolls, bites, etc when lobster season is closed. I've never had a server not tell me and many times it's printed on the menu.
Posted By: skipdastraw

Re: Saba Rock Menu - 11/23/2021 06:55 PM

Can anyone post the menu? Still not on their website.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Saba Rock Menu - 11/23/2021 07:25 PM

Menu and reservations on OpenTable
Posted By: ecm56

Re: Saba Rock Menu - 11/23/2021 07:28 PM

Jason mentioned a few weeks ago that it was on opentable (web site for reservations).

https://www.opentable.com/r/saba-rock-north-sound
Posted By: skipdastraw

Re: Saba Rock Menu - 11/23/2021 07:44 PM

Thank you!
Posted By: MrEZgoin

Re: Saba Rock Menu - 11/23/2021 08:37 PM

Just be aware that opentable isn't the last word on availability... the phone message for Saba pointed to opentable, which had no opening for dinner this evening, but when I went to ask they have us seated an hour from now.
Posted By: McLovin

Re: Saba Rock Menu - 11/23/2021 09:08 PM

Avoid the bar menu. Terrible and expensive. We had a very good lunch in the restaurant.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Saba Rock Menu - 11/23/2021 10:17 PM

We used to love the fish tacos at the bar. Does this mean avoid them?
Posted By: TRIM

Re: Saba Rock Menu - 11/24/2021 03:22 AM

Do you recommend inside or outside dining for dinner? Booking a reservation and it asks which seating.
Posted By: McLovin

Re: Saba Rock Menu - 11/24/2021 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
We used to love the fish tacos at the bar. Does this mean avoid them?

I don't remember seeing fish tacos. Seems to me they have 2 kitchens; one deep fryer for the bar, and the restaurant kitchen. The $28 sampler platter was "potato skins," "nachos," mozzarella sticks, onion rings and 3 tiny bowls of salsa, guac and sour cream. The skins turned out to be steak fries. The nachos were bad tortilla chips and nothing else. Onion rings hard as a rock. And VirginGordaResident's above post on the mozzarella sticks was spot on. I provided my feedback to the waiter and his response was, "Oh I'll let somebody know"...smile, then walks away. End of story.
Posted By: jagmansr

Re: Saba Rock Menu - 11/25/2021 12:12 AM

We were there about 4 weeks ago, based on your question, I’d say we were in the inside dinning BUT it’s all open with a roof. I loved it and will be back December 12, (already made reservations ) Saba Rock is now the nicest bar and restaurant in the BVI. They did a great job rebuilding. And all 5 of our dishes were great.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Saba Rock Menu - 11/25/2021 12:26 AM

Nicest bar and restaurant in the BVI's?? Maybe for those on boats..but I'd recommend checking out The Sugar Mill if you are on Tortola..or can cab there from your boat. Also Indigo House right on the beach in CGB..
Posted By: CottageGirl

Re: Saba Rock Menu - 11/26/2021 01:18 PM

Manpot - we’ve had some amazing food at Sugarmill!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline