Member Spotlight
RobT
RobT
Florida
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Marc1000
Who's Online Now
26 registered members (Chaseec, dennis623, MKGrey, Manpot, MikeBiondo, xrayman67, ndfaninnc, MrEZgoin, BlueMoc, Fitzhughlaw, Midsouth, BHK, SXMBND, jbutah, Compskier, VirginGordaResident, Southshore, Kennys, pedalpusher, 7 invisible), 550 guests, and 76 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Day 6 Grand Case Beach - Dinner Orient- Cote Plages #249010
03/03/2021 08:26 PM
03/03/2021 08:26 PM
Virginia Beach, VA USA
B
barryvabeach Offline OP
Traveler
barryvabeach  Offline OP
Traveler
B
Virginia Beach, VA USA
We stayed at Grand Case beach for the day. The apartment includes beach chairs and umbrellas, and we did a fair amount of swimming and walking up and down the beach, and collecting sea glass. For dinner , we thought about Al Dente , but were concerned about dining inside. We went by the restaurant, and did not see outdoor dining, and no open windows in front, so we headed to Orient Village. As others here have said, it is pretty well laid out - all the restaurants are next to each other, and the times we were there, parking was easy , though neither night was crowded. Tonight, there were probably 50 diners by the time we left around 7:30. We ate at Cote Plages - we were the only couple when we arrived, one other came as we were finishing up. My wife loved the Cosmo and admitted that she bambozzled me for entrees. I was torn between the shrimp scallops risotto dish, and the veal milanesse and was going to ask the waitress for a suggestion. My wife said she would get the shrimp, scallops and risotto, I should get the veal and we would share. No surprise, the veal was okay, the risotto was perfect, as was the shrimp and scallops. Our waitress was delightful. When my wife asked to box up the goat cheese salad, not only did she agree to do so, she said she would put in the fridge to keep it fresh while we ate the main course . Both main courses went in boxes as well, the portions were pretty generous. When we were ready to go she brought out a bottle of strawberry rum and another of mango rum with small glasses for us. Very nice touch, and both were excellent. The server wore a mask - it is plastic and goes from the chin up - I guess to make it easier for her to be heard. The rest of the staff there, and at most of the places in the village, appeared to be wearing masks. Did not see any on the crowd going in or out or dining wearing masks, but most of the seating is really so open air, I didn't see it as an issue. Thanks again for those who have posted about the Village in the past and its dining options. The last few years, we stayed in Grand Case and never went to the Village for dinner, this year, we went twice.

Attached Files grand case beach 1.jpg
Last edited by barryvabeach; 03/03/2021 08:30 PM.
SXM Sponsors
Re: Day 6 Grand Case Beach - Dinner Orient- Cote Plages [Re: barryvabeach] #249013
03/03/2021 08:42 PM
03/03/2021 08:42 PM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
barry--Cote Plages is one of THE best places in Orient Village. Glad you had a good experience.

Carol Hill
Re: Day 6 Grand Case Beach - Dinner Orient- Cote Plages [Re: barryvabeach] #249030
03/04/2021 06:47 AM
03/04/2021 06:47 AM
Rhode Island
RonDon Offline
Traveler
RonDon  Offline
Traveler
Rhode Island
Thank you for posting. Will add it to my list.