erb923 17
Member Spotlight
Snorkeller
Snorkeller
Virginia
Today's Birthdays
ethel52, islander97150, islandlove, Seaboundhome
Who's Online Now
16 members (bailau, MrEZgoin, ARC, DanS, kaba, deliveryskipper, dfmsml, Lizanne, gracie5, IWIWSE, Kiles41, mark37, 4 invisible), 863 guests, and 206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#321086 06/13/2024 12:22 PM
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
A couple of people have asked about posting pictures within a post. It's not difficult. Basically, the picture just needs to be online somewhere, and then you use the "insert image link" which is located almost exactly in the middle above the screen where you type your message. If you have a private webpage you can post the pictures to, you can use that.

If you don't have anywhere else you can post the pictures, you can do it all within TTOL. It takes two steps to do, unlike using the image attachment at the end of the post, but the pictures do show up much larger.

So, the procedure is to go to the front TTOL page, where it shows all the forums. Scroll WAY down to the SXM Photo Gallery. Click on "new image gallery". You have to insert a title for the post, which would be something like the date, etc. You also have to put SOMETHING in the body of the post. Then you click on Image Manager and proceed the same as before, uploading your photos in your photo album. There is a maximum of 30 photos allowed to be uploaded in a single album. I can't remember what the maximum size is for pictures, but I think it's around 8 megs.

Once you have uploaded all your pictures, then post the note. Once the note is posted with your pictures, find the picture that you want to post and RIGHT CLICK on it, and hit "COPY IMAGE LINK". That gives you the URL for the picture. Then you can use the insert image link.

With regard to any trip report here, I always compose offline and then upload here. That definitely works best if you want to insert pictures within the post. Upload your pictures to the SXM Photo Gallery first, so that the url is ready for you to upload the pictures. Upload your trip report and post it. Then you have a couple of hours to edit the post to insert the pictures. Then just go in and insert the pictures.

I realize this sounds complicated, but the result is worth it, to me. Let me know if you have any questions.

Carol Hill
SXM Sponsors
Traveler
Traveler
Carol, where to you host your photos? I am one who asked because I use to insert my photos as you do but that was when I can host photos on Photobucket for free.

Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Louise--read the post!!! The pictures are uploaded here on TTOL, in the SXM Photo Gallery.

Carol Hill
L
Traveler
Traveler
L
Thanks for the instructions Carol. I’ll try to get this to work on my iPad before week’s end. I find it easier to work on my Mac at home than on my iPad.

Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Hey, let me know if you have any questions. By Tuesday, I'll be back at my desk, wishing I was here, so would be glad to be distracted to do something else!! grin

Carol Hill

Link Copied to Clipboard