erb923 17
Member Spotlight
Snorkeller
Snorkeller
Virginia
Today's Birthdays
ethel52, islander97150, islandlove, Seaboundhome
Who's Online Now
16 members (bailau, MrEZgoin, ARC, DanS, kaba, deliveryskipper, dfmsml, Lizanne, gracie5, IWIWSE, Kiles41, mark37, 4 invisible), 863 guests, and 206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#321255 06/16/2024 10:22 PM
G
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
G
It has been at least 20 years since I arrived at the Beef Island airport. Usually taking a ferry from St Thomas. Are there forms to fill out upon arrival? If yes, is there someplace to download and fill out ahead of time? I looked at the Port Authority website but it says nothing.

BTW, it still has the Concierge/ frequent visitor Member as links that go nowhere. I remember when we were all signing up for that many years ago🤣🤣. But I never got the service because I came in via ferry and they never got organized to greet at the ferry terminal.

BVI Sponsors
R
Traveler
Traveler
R
We signed up for the frequent visitor program, got gold status and no one met us at the airport!

I recall one form per family, which I'm thinking we got on arrival because AA didn't have them.

S
Traveler
Traveler
S
if it’s like it was last year, it’s a single form per family with basic information on the front page and a declaration of imported purchases on the back. We are flying down Wednesday, and I had a few extra forms from last year, so I actually filled it out yesterday. It takes 2-3 minutes, so no big deal filling it out when you get there.

D
Traveler
Traveler
D
Originally Posted by gjconsult
It has been at least 20 years since I arrived at the Beef Island airport. Usually taking a ferry from St Thomas. Are there forms to fill out upon arrival? If yes, is there someplace to download and fill out ahead of time? I looked at the Port Authority website but it says nothing.

BTW, it still has the Concierge/ frequent visitor Member as links that go nowhere. I remember when we were all signing up for that many years ago🤣🤣. But I never got the service because I came in via ferry and they never got organized to greet at the ferry terminal.

It is a single form per family now. You can usually get them at the departure gate of the airport that you depart from. The form is not available online.

The BVIP Concierge program no longer exists.

Traveler
Traveler
We only got ours as we filed in to the airport building after getting off the plane. Had it filled out by the time we got to the agent.

Traveler
Traveler
Nothing in advance needed. They will give you the form on the plane before you land. Just have a black pen with you.

Traveler
Traveler
Just came back yesterday. We had to fill forms out after we got off the plane.

As for the BVI VIP, I asked the ladies at the airport that helped us with the taxi and they said they haven't seen that since before the hurricane. Too bad as it was a nice perk!

R
Traveler
Traveler
R
We had a gold BVIP for a number of years — great service only a couple of times were we not met. I think the program started when Myron Walwyn headed the BVI tourist board.

S
Traveler
Traveler
S
We are about to takeoff in Miami on the American direct flight and they just handed out forms to everyone.

B
Traveler
Online Content
Traveler
B

Originally Posted by steve74
We are about to takeoff in Miami on the American direct flight and they just handed out forms to everyone.

Safe travels my friend...

S
Traveler
Traveler
S
Thank you Rob! We are here and we are getting the boat organized to leave. The direct flight from Miami is a game changer for us. We flew into Miami on Tuesday evening just to avoid any delay issues, and then we caught the 8:30 am flight yesterday morning to Tortola. We were in customs at 11:40 am and at the pool at 1:30 pm. Off to Norman in a bit.

R
Traveler
Traveler
R
Glad you arrived safely. The direct flight is a game changer, which is why they've gone from one to even five flights on some days!

If folks are considering it, there are some very reasonable flights (in both miles and $) available right now. I just checked, choosing Dec. 2 at random, and a one-way ticket from Memphis is $80 less to Tortola than to St. Thomas!

B
Traveler
Online Content
Traveler
B
Originally Posted by steve74
Thank you Rob! We are here and we are getting the boat organized to leave. The direct flight from Miami is a game changer for us. We flew into Miami on Tuesday evening just to avoid any delay issues, and then we caught the 8:30 am flight yesterday morning to Tortola. We were in customs at 11:40 am and at the pool at 1:30 pm. Off to Norman in a bit.

We will be at the Pink House JVD from 6/22-6/29 and then out on the water until 7/7. Hopefully we will see you somewhere and if we get to Scrub/Marina Cay will reach out to you RW

Last edited by bailau; 06/20/2024 01:26 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard