Traveltalkonline.com Forums


TTOL Sponsors
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,952
Posts342,043
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 33
mahokid 30
RonDon 29
erb923 27
kim 18
Member Spotlight
fabila
fabila
Yonkers, NY
Posts: 7,640
Joined: January 2002
Today's Birthdays
FrogtownRoadCat3
Who's Online Now
13 members (GettingThere, rickl454, Rover, tpcook, S/Y Mockingbird, Rumlover, NumberCruncher, lcote, bailau, Todd_Melinda_K, 3 invisible), 383 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#350528 Yesterday at 04:05 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 697
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 697
Hello,

We are only doing land based trip and want to go back to mayreau it has been over 10 years and unfortunately this time around it has to be in high season, we usually go off season anywhere . . .we are looking mid january to late february. We want to fly into SVD take plane to union and water taxi over to mayreau then come back through Grenada. I have been looking on Grenada and the Grand Anse is unfortunately pretty full for those times and the hotels or airbnbs that are left don't look appealing to me. We are not high end and do not do all inclusive. Like airbnbs and/or boutique accommodations. I do see some other properties but they are not in walking distance to either beach. Is it worth it to rent a car and stay somewhere other than the beach area? Would be willing to do that if the lodging had restaurants, shops and bars nearby to walk to. Any suggestions? thanks.


[Linked Image]
Sponsors
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,112
Likes: 5
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,112
Likes: 5
We loved Grenada when we were out there some years back. Our favourite large island in the Caribbean. It is a while back now so things may have changed but we loved La Sagesse. Well away from Grand Anse with a totally different feel. Lots of yachties stay there as it is very convenient for Grenada Marine boatyard and the hotel use to offer discounts to people having boat work done there and free shuttle buses. Another good place, just near the airport was True Blue Bay with the popular Dodgy Dock bar right there. As I said, it was a while ago so things may have changed but those would be my two go to places. If you want to go cheaper, then there are loads of friendly guest house type places along the south coast at Westerhall. I stayed at several but unfortunately can't remember the name of any of them!

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,936
Likes: 3
Eva Offline
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,936
Likes: 3
It's been a while for me, but lately I've been having the urge to go back to Grenada. I've done both sailing charters and land-based trips. This time around, it would be land. I second La Sagesse and True Blue -- though the beach at True Blue is not as nice as others. In particular I've been eyeing La Luna on the southwest side of the island near Morne Rouge (aka "BBC Beach").

You might also look at the L'anse Aux Epines (Prickly Bay) area.

Would love to hear what you decide on.


I've got a Caribbean Soul I can barely control... (JB)

Moderated by  Eric_Hill, Eva 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5