Member Spotlight
ChuckG
ChuckG
PA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Bea
Who's Online Now
36 registered members (dhopelpc, ghjr, VirginGordaResident, xrayman67, MrEZgoin, NumberCruncher, KirkB, JohnW, JandIrene, Instigator, bailau, GaryC, Husker, MamaB, alecu7, tmsxmsails, dfmsml, Debby, Phyllis, IWIWSE, Zanshin, barryvabeach, lcote, TravelHat, pandpfromcanada, road3682, dolfer, RickinAtlanta, 8 invisible), 349 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
45 minutes ago
Fitz - Thanks for the reply. I see your main point now....the proposed expansion. I guess my questions is: Politics and grift aside, for what functional purpose? The existing facility seems under utilized currently. Even with the added AA flights next season, its hard to imagine EIS ever being anything like the STT weekend sh_t show. I think Delta could even add a couple flights from the mainland and not overwhelm EIS's capacity. That said, perhaps there are times when EIS is maxed out....I've just never experienced that in my travels. If there are choke points could they be addresses by adding staff and making minor structural improvements?

Agree with VGR, more (later) ferry service options would help.
17 704 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
50 minutes ago
Couples San Souci in Jamaica
7 391 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
They are lovely and very fun people! If however you want to be able to see the beach and or enjoy a quiet night on your boat it can be best to avoid their favorite places. Photo’s give a hint why. If on the other hand you want to party till dawn they will welcome you with open arms!
2 187 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
Why? They are lovely people.
2 187 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
1 87 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Something to pack for your travels just in case https://jasemedical.com/
24 1,640 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Does anyone have a favorite fare watch site they use for airline ticket purchases? Beginning our search for our trip next April.

Thanks.
1 87 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Quick question jbutah. I am trying to determine how private the pool area is at Villa Thomarine. From the pictures, I see lots of other villas around but also a lot of surrounding shrubbery. Would one be comfortable au naturale on the pool deck?
6 742 Read More
British Virgin Islands
2 hours ago
I'm in agreement.

The airport expansion is a pipedream that feels financially and logistically impossible for the BVI to pull off.

IMO - I would like to see the government do everything they can to keep the AA flights in from MIA (which this increased demand seems awesome), the Tradewinds flights direct to VG from San Juan, and then figure out a way to offer more (and specifically later) ferries from STT to Tortola (and even more direct STT to VG than just once a week on Saturdays)

Just making it slightlyyyyyyyy easier to get to the BVI would make a world of difference.
17 704 Read More
General Caribbean
3 hours ago
Link

Honestly, I don't understand how this happens, for the FIFTH time this year. This story has been in news so many times so far this year and yet it keeps happening. People are so lax with their ammunition, that they just put it wherever and don't keep track of it? And despite the news stories, they don't doublecheck their bags?
0 27 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
I had never seen the islands so clearly, as this past April.
I couldn't capture a picture.
I never knew how big they were. The clearest day after 2 weeks of clouds, and dust!
11 1,146 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
This morning at Zee best. My fellow Canadians. Always a great breakfast
50 3,170 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
Thanks for all your reports. Safe travels.
50 3,170 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
So sorry to hear that scubaman. We were debating whether to go to skip jack or Lee's. My wife wanted grilled fish. Yesterday around lunch time I went inside skip jack to see how it is and there was something I didn't like. I think it was the smell. Now I'm glad I choose Lee's. I hope you getting well soon
50 3,170 Read More
British Virgin Islands
3 hours ago
OK, this one isn't about the original topic anymore, so will close it here.
28 1,764 Read More
British Virgin Islands
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by FLJim
Flash of Beauty is horrible. Never enough patrons for a good party. No loud music to dance to. The food is cooked to order, so you have to wait for it. (You can order in advance for a set time, but then you have to keep track of time!). The honor system for drinks is practically an invitation to sin. The reefs at water's edge leave no room for the wading drinkers. The deep canyons have lots of large scary fish. The long walks on the beach are too lonely. I could go on...

Ok now that’s funny ! Love love your style my friend smile
14 962 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
Beautiful pictures! Just booked flights for January 2025... we're already ready!
8 664 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
Surprised with the manual SC add on. Our meal at lee's didn't have it. As far as Skipjack we were there last night. Worst service ever and had to leave mid meal as I was getting sick shortly after eating my warm ceaser salad. Was pretty much sick most of night from it. Wasn't pretty.
50 3,170 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
14 hours ago
Enjoyed reading your reports. You will be arriving to great weather at YHM.
50 3,170 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
14 hours ago
Tomorrow we are going back to real life. lol. We had 8 days of fun and good time. How much did we spend? It’s kind of a personal question but if someone wants to compare with our friends south of the border: flight was $1200US, hotel was $1200US, food and small gifts was $1500US. Most of the time we had breakfast in our hotel room. Lunch and dinner in various places. We really like Juliette’s bistro, bovin, pizza Italy and le sucriere. The rest of the places were ok or sub par like bbb when we got sick. Weather was excellent. It only rained today for about one hour. Heavy rain I would say. Water was very warm. Overall we had a really good time.
Thank you all for advice and for taking time to read my posts.
50 3,170 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
14 hours ago
Lee’s roadhouse. Today it was fairly quiet for Saturday night. Good calypso music band. Entertaining. We had chicken wings, my wife had a red snapper medium size and I had grilled shrimps. The waiter manually added 15% sc to the bill. We paid with visa and he entered $81 without asking anything. I don’t like the idea to be forced to pay sc but I would have paid him anyway. My wife really enjoyed the fish. For me, wings and shrimps were just ok. Next vacation I want to check skip jack for fish and seafood.
50 3,170 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 11:39 PM
[quote=Carol_Hill]Fitzhugh--And yet, your clients got sued. Even if you win the case, your client lost, because they got sued.

Agree...avoiding litigation to start is the huge win...
28 1,764 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:23 PM
Thanks for the trip report, I do hope you made it to the French side for at least one meal!
50 3,170 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Safe travels home. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.
50 3,170 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:01 PM
Tonight is our last night on the island. We are going to lee’s
50 3,170 Read More
Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 64 65