Member Spotlight
eilandmens
eilandmens
South Jersey USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
sxmchuck, tanjohn
Who's Online Now
27 registered members (GaryB, eilandmens, Todd_Melinda_K, luvtotravel, ericlut, Fitzhughlaw, Shifty, AJM, Kennys, SXMScubaman, bran, Chaseec, 15 invisible), 408 guests, and 75 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
3 hours ago PDP hosting lagoon festival [by Carol_Hill]
Link

I haven't heard of this before, but it sounds interesting. Although mostly for the yachting crowd, the cooking competitions sound interesting to me.
0 86 Read More
3 hours ago Taxi prices? [by CottageGirl]
Trying to guesstimate how much cash each of our crew should bring on an upcoming trip. We've done the trip many times, but this time we're taking a few more taxis than in the past.
Can anyone give me estimates on how much these taxi rides should be? Crew of 8

BEYC to The Baths
Cane Garden Bay to Bananakeet & then Tramonti
Great Harbor to Soggy Dollar
Anegada Reef Hotel to Tipsy's

Thank you!
1 73 Read More
Yesterday at 11:12 PM It took two hours to get through arrivals at SXM [by Dr Phil SXM]
Today I had guests arriving on WestJet flight 2652 from Toronto to SXM.
They landed at 3:25 PM today only a few minutes late.
Unfortunately, they had one checked bag that they would have to claim at the baggage area. The arrival staff gave no information on why people were just waiting.
They did not get out of the terminal until 5:40 PM more than two hours after landing. When they got outside the terminal, they were no taxis to take them to Royal Islander. They walked across the street and waited for a bus. My guests have been here before, but it is certainly not a good impression for anyone starting their vacation. They ended up walking to La Terrasse.

I know the subject has been discussed quite a bit, but it is sad to see that three months after the soft opening of the departure area, they would have this kind of problems still with the arrival area.

Drphilsxm
2 15 708 Read More
Yesterday at 08:58 PM Former Pastry Chef from Oceans82 [by barryvabeach]
I posted earlier that I went to Oceans82 the other night and got the lemon dessert. IMO a very poor substitute to the ones we had years ago. Lhbsurf said he heard that the chef opened his own place, erb923 said there was a place near the LeaderPrice that had lemon desserts - so that sounded good. I also received a message from another site that yes it was the same pastry chef.
Went today and talked to the server. I explained my disappointment with the lemon at Oceans82, she confirmed he used to be the pastry chef at Oceans82 and said she would call the chef and called him on the phone. He arrived shortly and I showed him a photo of the lemon from Oceans82 - he did not say much but shook his head - apparently not impressed with the shape of the lemon, nor of course with the filling. We will only be here a few more days, so we picked up 3 desserts. It is directly across from the Leader Price on the road from Grand Case to Orient. Not open on Monday.
5 11 509 Read More
Yesterday at 08:02 PM eSIM for Sint Maarten [by Clifford]
SIM cards have been used for years to get cell service on the island. They are a small circuit board swapped for the SIM card for your home carrier. Now most phones can use eSIMs which can be downloaded and activated the minute you land.
I had a great experience in Germany with an eSIM from Orange (formerly the French telephone company). It was $29 for two weeks, 5 gig data, phone, text and some long distance for calls back to the States. Purchased online and downloaded in the US I switched it on when landing in Frankfurt. I had a French telephone number which is treated like a local number in most of Europe (unlike St Martin where it is long distance to call across the island).
I couldn't find an eSIM for Sint Maarten with a phone number which limits the phone significantly. What I got was an eSIM from Airalo. Under $10 for 7 days with 1 Gig data only. Price was low enough. Data only allowed me to plot driving directions around the island and check for store closings on Google maps. The biggest disappointment was the constant switching between 4 different carriers interrupting the stream from the internet. Seems it rarely was a carrier with a good signal. It wouldn't get a signal in the B departure area of the airport. Airalo sells separate eSIMs for Dutch and French side. My Dutch side only eSIM also worked in Orient Village and Marigot on the French side.
Has anyone found an eSIM with a phone number and a better carrier?
1 256 Read More
Yesterday at 04:52 PM Planned water maintenance on Dutch side [by SXMScubaman]
Schedule Maintenance:
Water Outage
February 19, 2024

NV GEBE would like to inform the public that there will be temporary disruptions to the water supply in certain areas due to necessary maintenance work being carried out on Tuesday, February 20th, and Wednesday, February 21st, 2024, at the Production Plant.

Lowlands, Cupecoy, Rhine Road, Jordan Road, and surrounding areas will experience lower than normal water pressure from 8:00 am on Tuesday, February 20th until 2:00 pm on Wednesday, February 21st, 2024.

Dutch Quarter, Nazareth, Union Farm Estate, Low and High Areas, and surrounding areas will have their water supply interrupted from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm on Tuesday, February 20th, 2024.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding as we continue to improve our services to the community of St. Maarten.
1 213 Read More
Yesterday at 02:30 PM Hamburger price survey [by ggffrr11]
Time for a quick hamburger price survey:

Cooper - $34

The Bight - $21

The Willy T - $16

Do those prices include cheese?

Any places cheaper?
2 341 Read More
Yesterday at 12:13 PM Time shift [by candu]
Currently in Australia at 11pm Tuesday watching the Sunset beach cam and the sun cmng up Tuesday morning in SXM.
1 394 Read More
Yesterday at 01:31 AM Silver Airlines [by bailau]
How have they been lately?

Looking to take them March 3 SJU to EIS...co booked with Jet Blue so I guess if issue I could get Jet blue to use Cape Air?

TIA
13 506 Read More
02/19/2024 10:02 PM CBD in SXM [by RonDon]
Anyone who is concerned about taking CBD from the states, it's sold in two places on SXM. One is in Marigot and I don't known the name but the other is Simpson Bay. Contact
Sarai Parado at Skipjacks restaurant.
1 251 Read More