Member Spotlight
wendyk
wendyk
falmouth,MA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
funkyflamingo, mprevo, SnowMan
Who's Online Now
12 registered members (HibiscusFan, DanS, louismcc, Annoddddd, banude, chazo, IslandBoi, Clod, SeeDiver, 3 invisible), 75 guests, and 421 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Yesterday at 11:50 AM Potential New Quarantine in US [by CaptainJay]
If this stands it is going to present further hurdles to travel.

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-new...by-biden-for-us-international-passengers
8 535 Read More
Yesterday at 01:56 AM Car rental suggestions? 13 day trip in March [by Island Girl]
We missed returning to island last March. Planning for this March. What car rentals are available? Thanks so much.
11 649 Read More
01/22/2021 02:16 PM Executive Order for Travel/Returning to the US [by ruralcarrier]
Pay close attention to Section 5, is there a possible mandatory quarantine coming? Not sure if this is just "recommended" or "mandatory".

Domestic and International Travel
5 982 Read More
01/22/2021 02:13 PM Carnival is going forward this year [by Carol_Hill]
Daily Herald story

Personally, I don't care how many safety measures you take, this is not smart. Limiting attendance to ONLY 4,000 people?? duh
9 696 Read More
01/22/2021 02:08 PM Retaining wall collapses on Little Bay Road [by Carol_Hill]
Daily Herald story

Thank goodness no one was hurt!!
2 495 Read More
01/22/2021 12:36 AM Covid testing prior to departure [by beachlovers84]
Hi Friends!
I saw a post about possible locations on the island for testing. Can you give a recommendation for the most efficient testing center? Were you able to make an appointment and what was the cost?
Thanks!
10 782 Read More
01/21/2021 08:46 PM Beach Massage prices [by TinaOysterBay]
Hi, Does anyone know what the going rate typically is for a beach chair massage on Orient beach?

We were there for just a short bit yesterday, and I asked one of them, she told me $160 for an hour. That is more than I pay back home at the chiro office! Is that truly what they go for? Trying to plan a girls afternoon surprise for my mom and sister when they arrive, but that seems awfully high for a sandy massage on a beach chair!

And I am DEFINITELY not trying to get one for less than is reasonable, I know they need the tourists traffic, but this would be over $500 for one hour with tip for the 3 of us. Just curious if I am out of touch with current pricing.
13 957 Read More
01/21/2021 07:08 PM Question for upcoming trip [by murphycpcu]
We are scheduled to travel to SXM next Friday the 29th. We need to go on this trip!

Question for those in the know about COVID travel. We have a short layover in Atlanta. Like 45 minutes. We will have been tested within 120 hours of this flight departure as required. What would happen if we missed the connection and Delta had to move us to Saturday after an overnight stay
? We would be outside of our 120 hours.

My guess is they do a test for us or SXM makes and exception. I noticed todays flight through Atlanta was on time and then left about 25 minutes late. My guess is that with the near empty fights combined with the problem I described they may have waited for a passenger to connect thus delaying the departure.

Any info very much appreciated.
6 761 Read More
01/21/2021 03:44 PM Exclusion Zone for "Dummies" [by WillM]
Greetings all

I have seen and read the information on the exclusion zone. I have also seen that you need to get permission to sail through that area.

Our normal route usually takes us from JVD/CGB around West End and we usually spend our last night on either Norman or Peter (depending on how we feel, lol). We will be down in February and would like to take our normal route.

Can we sail around West End?
Do we need to get permission?
Or do we have to go up around Scrub / Trellis Bay and down the channel?

Thanks much!

Will
1 401 Read More
01/21/2021 02:17 PM Belair Hotel receives Safeseal Recognition [by Carol_Hill]
Daily Herald story
2 476 Read More