Member Spotlight
chiaoo
chiaoo
New Jersey
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Maxi, Vacagirl
Who's Online Now
6 registered members (marybeth, Sunnykm, 706jim, CanuckTravlr, 2 invisible), 77 guests, and 82 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
OllieEh,

Maybe you were thinking of Moby Dick who was a white whale and therefore had a white tail 😃

Drphilsxm
8 436 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 07:47 PM
Ahoy Captains,

Hopefully some useful links for Flight Cancellations and Delays

Check to see if Your Flight is being routinely Cancelled or Delayed over the past few Days or Weeks –
Go to - https://flightaware.com/
Enter your 'Departure' and 'Arrival'
Choose your Flight from the 'Ident' Column
Scroll down to see the past few Past Flights and choose 'View More Flight History'

Check to see if Your Flight has been Cancelled or Delayed within the past few Hours –
https://flightaware.com/
https://www.flightstats\
https://www.flightradar24.com/data
Or directly with the Airline or Airport.

Check the ‘Misery Map’ to see if real time Weather or Crew or ? are contributing to flight Delays or Cancellations –
https://flightaware.com/miserymap/

Many Flights departing from the Caribbean have a corresponding Incoming Flight.
Check for arrivals with a similar Flight #, usually odd/even, and track it to see if it is On Time –
https://www.flightradar24.com/airport/eis

Check out the Summer Specials - Leopard 45 for 14 Nights for $7000
Fair Winds,
Brent from thecaptainscompass.com

0 125 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 06:29 PM
Thank you for your excellent still's! I am not sure if I wike the drone coverage or the stills better. Both are fantastic. John
4 417 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 05:57 PM
Thank you, Elaine. He is a very good doctor and I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending him. 🙂🙂
17 3,369 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 12:06 PM
Does anyone know if Hog Heaven Bar, Virgin Gorda will be open in August?
0 176 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:54 AM
The island is extremely dry. A local friend said they haven’t had rain Quartier-d'Orleans in months. Just had a heavy downpour at 3 am in Grand Case area and it stopped. Started again about 5am and stopped. Heavy cloud cover but the sun is peeking through in spots to the northeast. It’s supposed to rain all day but we’ll see. It sucks to lose a day to weather but happy for the island and residents if it does come. C’est la vie, non?
11 875 Read More
British Virgin Islands
07/01/2022 10:56 PM
We switched a week ago, going July 12 thru the 24th.
We thought we had to make it work thru SJU/EIS, we have one unvaccinated going, then the rules changed. So direct to STT, then the ferry.
18 3,095 Read More
British Virgin Islands
07/01/2022 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by tradewinds
If you're at Trellis, take the Anegada Express. It's not rocket science.

Anegada Express only runs 3 days a week - Thursday/Saturday/Sunday. Might be rocket science for you.
29 1,108 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
07/01/2022 04:24 PM
Mia, we are arriving in SXM on 7/7! Looks like we will be there at the same time! Have fun!
23 1,224 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
07/01/2022 04:17 PM
Le Petite cannot be beat, IMHO. It is small, but very charming and the owners are fantastic. Yes it is at the other end of Grand Case, however, we always rent a car so it has never been a problem. The dining in Grand Case is very good and we enjoy the view.
Good luck with whatever you choose. Glad you can go back! We are heading there next week and will be staying at Petite!
19 1,272 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
07/01/2022 02:01 PM
Tim--I agree with you, if chairs are free, I don't bring a cooler. I would personally never bring a cooler to a place like AMBC either, as it doesn't seem that kind of place, to me. We always take a cooler to Mullet and to Orient, if we're going to Orient for the day, versus just for lunch. Although almost everywhere I go, I take a bottle of water, which either stays in the car or goes with me, depending on the venue.
7 805 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
07/01/2022 01:21 PM
I hope everything works out for you, so you don't have to worry about it!!

They have been accepting EHAS stuff that is a day old, but it can't hurt to re-submit. Best wishes!
2 451 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
07/01/2022 11:07 AM
We just cleared into Culebra from St Thomas yesterday (6/30) and it was just as agimsrud said. We did have some internet problems getting the video call going, but got that sorted by doing it on my laptop using the phone as a hotspot. Also, he wanted to see our passports - probably just to make sure we had them (since the passport info had already been entered in CBP Roam).
4 486 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
07/01/2022 10:58 AM
A link to an additional website with many pictures of the interior of the villa.

Villa La Batterie
14 963 Read More
British Virgin Islands
06/30/2022 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by jagmansr
I “discovered” the wrong sit'e listing lobster throughout the Caribbean. Yes lobster season is through The end of July. Sherwin even confirmed it for me. So the question is how long after July 31 can lobsters survive in the restaurants underwater cages?

most places I think use them about 2 weeks. Ask around. As duckfat mentioned, you can typically find fresh all year if you ask around but that's a different discussion I'll leave alone.
12 640 Read More
British Virgin Islands
06/30/2022 08:25 PM
Is anything happening with day trips from STJ to JVD?
65 16,187 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
06/30/2022 03:34 PM
This man was very lucky to have been shot in the leg and not elsewhere. As a career banker, I have had the misfortune to have been robbed several times, twice at gun-point. On one occasion, I had the ceiling shot out over my head by an impatient young man who thought we were not putting the cash into his bag fast enough. After that, he put the gun to the manager's head.

NEVER, EVER intervene, interfere - whatever you want to call it - with someone with a gun under these circumstances.

Things could have been so much worse for this tourist and others in the restaurant.

Glad to hear the man recovered physically. Not so sure about his psychological state, though.
33 3,364 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
06/30/2022 01:23 PM
jollymon--say what??
14 1,433 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
06/30/2022 01:11 PM
Love the pictures - brings back many great memories!!!
18 1,248 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
06/30/2022 01:07 PM
Wow that's great -- love that it captures so many places! Thanks for sharing --hope you are continuing to feel better.
15 2,536 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
06/30/2022 04:19 AM
you need to explore it yourself.
11 856 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
06/30/2022 04:18 AM
We were on Pinel last week, June 20, Pesch, with Karibuni told us it was all bull Sh.. they were going to continue to fight it.
We had a great time while we were there. the Yellow Beach bar was closed that day. Great Ribs too
10 1,269 Read More
Southern Caribbean
06/30/2022 01:42 AM
Passage south is a piece of cake...take your time, no need to dead head to Grenada unless you really want to. Grenada is great, you will love it.
While there you are in easy reach of some interesting and fun destinations.....Trinidad, Los Roques, etc.
Much rather be on the boat down south than haul and put up in BVI or PR.
Need help for the passage, south or north bound, let me know.
3 704 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
06/29/2022 06:06 PM
Yes, tropical storms or hurricanes are fairly rare that far south. As of now, the NHC has issued the following warnings regarding Potential Tropical Cylone Two:

"A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for...
* Bonaire
* Curacao
* Aruba
* Coast of Venezuela from the Peninsula de Paraguana
westward to the Colombia/Venezuela border including the Gulf of
Venezuela.
* Coast of Colombia from the Colombia/Venezuela border westward to
Santa Marta"
8 894 Read More
British Virgin Islands
06/29/2022 03:48 PM
We will be there July 30 - Aug 7 on a Dream Yacht Lagoon 46 ("Aren't We Lucky" is the name I think). I had pinged Ann as well and may see if Belle will have Cow Wreck open, but otherwise will probably skip Anegada. Like you, I expect we will eat more dinners on the boat than typical, but will hit the ones you mentioned. Maybe stay a couple of nights in anchorages we don't always visit (Lee Bay, Benures, White Bay (Guana)). Admittedly, I am a little nervous going this late (expecially with those crosses starting to pop up), but we could not resist squeezing in one last trip. Would love to hear what else you find open then and we will look for you there!

Rush
1 364 Read More
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8