Member Spotlight
cwoody
cwoody
Middleburg, VA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Biturbo, fabila
Who's Online Now
6 registered members (Zanshin, Todd_Melinda_K, fabila, 3 invisible), 425 guests, and 267 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by gjconsult
We anchored off Prickly Pear to the left of Sandbox, west side last week. The oddest thing happened. The anchor STUCK. We dove the anchor to find it was a 4 ft metal pole sticking out of sand about 12 ft deep. It was about 25 ft off the beach. Have no idea what that pole was for but we picked up the anchor and moved further left

So watch out for the pole!

Yikes! Kinda hard to watch out for it…. But if it’s truly 25’ off the beach I’m guessing it’s not where I’d be dropping an anchor!
16 423 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
I am in Grand Case as we speak and people were swimming today.
7 324 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 hours ago
Many things are being said by people who have never had a generator power plant, never had to bring in a spare trailer/container-mounted generator, have no clue how a rental generator would be connected to the main power plant, and how that rental generator would be paralleled with the main power plant. I’m hoping that GEBE has the in-house staff and engineers to do all of that.

I will say just one thing.

It ain’t easy.
3 387 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by Jeff thorton
I had 2 dogs in SXM and there is absolutely no rabies. Both dogs were not vacccinated.

Nothing to be proud of.
9 517 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 hours ago
No way, the bug fix is already on most Windows based servers.
7 652 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:52 PM
Everything Looks delicious.
It took me a while to figure it out Duh!

Cool Heure must be busier than it looked to me, if they take CC.
We will have to make a plan to stop. We always seem to eat at the beach, we are heading to.
4 277 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 08:14 PM
We have flown many times through both. All in all, I really cannot pick one over the other. They are both large terminals.

Yes - Miami is larger. The walk from low-numbered American terminals to high-numbered is long, but they have a Sky Train that makes that much shorter.

Charlotte has no Sky Train, and your flights may be from different concourses, so the walk can be longer than Miami.

The Miami terminal has much better food selections.

Honestly, it is not worth an additional two hours to go through Charlotte.
4 233 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 05:48 PM
Not much to say here except that this is a sad situation, for all concerned.
1 442 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 04:18 PM
Ahoy Captains,

Noon (EST/AST) Update -
Specific Airlines and Airports -
https://edition.cnn.com/2024/07/19/travel/the-airlines-impacted-by-the-global-tech-outage/index.html
Recovery -
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cn4vgq5150qo

I Need More Quality Cats for Chartering !
Fair Winds, Brent
thecaptainscompass.com Yacht Charters and Management
heatseekerinternational.com 5% Comm and Sales-Tax-Free Yacht Brokerage
5 283 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 02:40 PM
Thanks for the input. And with weather delays, the airline is off the hook for any compensation.
22 1,368 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 02:38 PM
Glad it went well with your husbands ashes....and, again, condolences
2 249 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 01:15 AM
All puppies should be fully vaccinated (2-3 rounds, depending on the vaccine) by 4 months of age. This would include for rabies and Parvo. Most entities, including the regulatory FDA, approves the transport of puppies at 8 weeks. This is common practice in the USA. So the new regulations, effective August 1st, don't make a lot of sense, in terms of the AGE of animals being imported. That is a real problem for rescues which use airplanes to transport their animals. 8 week old puppies fit under the seat. 6 month old puppies likely may not. It is a real bummer for them. But the restrictions are even WORSE for countries who are considered to be high risk for rabies. The new regulations make it extremely difficult, and expensive, to import animals from countries like Afghanistan. My USA-based rescue participated last month in the incredible airlift of 300 dogs and cats from Afghanistan, planned to be executed before the new restrictions take place. Google it - it was an amazing effort! My small rescue was able to accept 6 dogs from KSAR (Kabul Small Animal Rescue). Scores of other USA rescues also participated in accepting 300 dogs and cats in total. Rescue is currently in crisis worldwide - a result of our emerging from the pandemic with too many dogs. Breeders overproduced and are 'releasing' their unwanted dogs into the rescue world, and people adopted when they were at home and now are surrendering very unsocialized animals as they go back to work. The new restrictions serve to only exacerbate an already overburdened rescue system.
16 409 Read More
British Virgin Islands
07/18/2024 09:15 PM
Scrub shuttle times...note they stop at Marina Cay. we just moored there and had an early departing guest take the shuttle

https://www.scrubisland.com/content/uploads/2019/09/Scrub-Island-Ferry-Schedule.pdf
6 566 Read More
British Virgin Islands
07/18/2024 06:54 PM
I can't speak for the rest of the BVI, but for Virgin Gorda the only thing open in the North Sound will be downstairs Leverick Bay.

CocoMaya will be open on Friday, Saturdays and Sundays in September.

Hog Heaven, Sugarcane will both be closed.
4 417 Read More
British Virgin Islands
07/18/2024 01:23 PM
Can't say enough about JMS Island Charters and Water Taxi. Excellent service and communication throughout the process. Even met us in Norman Island the night before our return to the base and gathered our passports to process our fees. We left the dock after returning to base and went straight to St John to do customs and less than 10 minutes later we were headed to Red Hook. Simple. He has a flat rate of $800 each way for the whole boat and that includes government fees. He can take up to 8 people. Here is the link.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61556088307807
0 145 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
07/18/2024 12:59 PM
Oh, ok. Thanks.
20 1,400 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
07/18/2024 12:58 PM
Wow, that's pretty weird. Good catch.
2 422 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
07/18/2024 01:09 AM
Great choice tonight Leslie! Excellent food! And by the way, thanks today
10 1,484 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
07/17/2024 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by Peter & Christine
Scotty the following is our airbnb in Dawn Beach Estate. If you have interest.
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/813572451943809398?source_impression_id=p3_1677607532_Uzic7mFkcKP4VA2o

It doesn't have the dates I needed, but I did find something that will get me 39 days. Thanks though.
24 2,462 Read More
United States & Canada
07/17/2024 09:32 PM
Hi

Yes, indeed the rates jumped.

I have no input re hotel however....

When u search individual hotel chains, search AAA membership or select senior's rate, if applicable. Sometimes their "best rate" is a fallacy. Your credit card concierge may assist you as well.

Also, some cities have addon taxes (more...why not??? /s) based on head count. I'm not sure about T.O. though. So... input 1 guest and let me know.

Parking is insane but public transport has always been available.

Prices do not include taxes.

Good luck and have fun!
1 131 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
07/17/2024 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Tonythepilot
Website link?

Provided by Google: BOOMERANG
14 1,610 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
07/17/2024 12:27 AM
No jetways for arrivals yet. It's either stairs or a ramp. All exposed to prevailing weather conditions. Been that way since Irma.
4 645 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
07/16/2024 07:33 PM
Thanks. Corrected it.
15 1,523 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
07/16/2024 03:16 PM
👍Especially with 2 sides and a warm Johnny Cake.
4 860 Read More
British Virgin Islands
07/16/2024 10:35 AM
Did OYE at Foxies 25 years ago and it was a zoo. There was a lot of vandalism with dingies and some assaults. Not my thing. Also watched a Super Bowl game at Peg Leg Landing at Nanny Cay. They set up a big tent outside for the game. Not really a big deal. As I recall only about 50 people were there.
8 918 Read More
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6