Member Spotlight
OllieEh
OllieEh
Ontario, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
funkyflamingo, mprevo, SnowMan
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Manpot, DonBuck, Sunnykm), 100 guests, and 75 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 hours ago
It was the other way around when we were ordering. Optum had them in stock and Emed didn't. In an earlier post, I mentioned waiting until closer to departure to order just in case something changed with trip plans. However, with some websites running out, it may just make sense to buy when you can as long as they won't expire before you're supposed to leave.
35 3,227 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
7 hours ago
We went to La Playa twice last week. Food was good. When we spent the day at the beach they did charge for beach chairs even though we were having lunch. That seemed to be the norm at all of the beach clubs we visited. Second time at LaPlaya we had a table up off the beach and they were the only restaurant all week that asked for our vax cards for dining. We also visited Wai Plage and Coco. Coco was my favorite meal. DH and DD loved the poke bowls at LaPlaya though.
1 224 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:50 PM
That's OK, Carol. I was trying to figure it out as well, and my best guess was also that maybe it was some fancy new villa at the end of Beacon Hill, since we have been away for two years. I must admit to not having spent that much time observing the Sonesta Maho or the Ocean Point building, so now I know! LOL!!
15 1,314 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
I'll second Manpot's west end of Little Apple Bay is great. The area off of Bomba's (is it even there?) is also good when the swell is down and there's no surfing. Frenchman's Cay, go to the resort, park by the tennis courts, and enter thru their beach area, go to the left, you can go around the point and exit on their little pier. Keep in mind, the last time I was there was 2017 so the hurricane may have changed some things. The other end of the island, Long Bay East has great snorkeling at the west end. Josiah's Bay go out to the right and follow the coast. Back to west end, at Smugglers the reef right there is pretty beat, by there's still plenty of fish around on a good day. If you head towards the point to the right there's a lot of interesting areas. God, I miss Tortola. Can't wait to get back.
14 572 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:53 PM
WILLVINO--if you have any specific questions about Sera Bella, let me know.

Best wishes on your trip.
20 1,775 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 07:54 PM
Our resort RCI points are refundable/insured. Our JetBlue tixx can cancel at anytime w/o penalty w/ full refund.

Half our party is vax w/boost, one kid vax, no boost and the other no vax (That all sounds like a Starbucks order...LOL.) but both had c19 in Nov.

So I was debating trip insurance & COVAC Global piqued our interest bc if we did get a positive test before our return flight to the US, could get home in a few days as opposed to 10 quarantine. This appealed to me as Im in healthcare and in my state, can return to work if symptom free within 5 days. Otherwise it seems that trip insurance stands to refund non refundable costs.

BUT.....COVAC GLOBAL changed its MO, as I suspected it would with the holiday surge. Their model did not seem sustainable...https://thepointsguy.com/news/covac-global-issues/ and of course people abused the system.

Im going to tinker on insuremytrip but is there other insurance I should be looking at as far as we test positive there besides the mandatory SXXM insure?
0 120 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 06:41 PM
Thanks everybody for the insight. I know this conversation has been had numerous times on this board over the years and I know it all boils down to personal preference but hearing everyone's opinions has been super helpful. Appreciate it!!!
17 679 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 05:24 PM
I will be down then and love to join in..loved the dinghy crawl/poker runs and miss Nick and Monzi..
4 231 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 03:01 PM
Thanks MI....that's what I have been reading as well. Good news is that there are some decent properties on that list....so now I'm okay with the 'what if'....particularly since I can work from anywhere.
3 237 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 02:54 PM
Must be more to the story.....
10 411 Read More
General Caribbean
Yesterday at 02:46 PM
So, they were just stupid, and not up to something criminal?
4 138 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
Yesterday at 02:45 PM
We stayed in the El Convento for a couple of days several years ago. Nice facility and good location to Old SJ sites, restaurants, etc.
2 139 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 03:46 AM
I would hope they are testing it put really good.
1 425 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 01:45 AM
They are out of the 3-pack kits. $150 for 6.
14 717 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 01:38 AM
I've been checking this - https://bvi.gov.vg/travel-protocols - and Jason Helmbrecht's excellent posts.
50 8,381 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 01:28 AM
Testing the engines now. Very loud!!!😳
Sounds like a plane taking off...forever!
28 3,521 Read More
British Virgin Islands
01/22/2022 11:46 PM
I’ve spoken to the lady who does all the organizing for the flights and she has asked if you could send an email to pawbvievents@gmail.com. Thank you
13 1,251 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
01/22/2022 09:43 PM
OK, think it would be better to close this one here. If St. Martin decides to change their rules, someone should post that.
4 943 Read More
British Virgin Islands
01/22/2022 09:10 PM
Know that many on the ship will head to CGB..if you get your own taxi he might take you to Brewer's or a less crowded beach. Getting back and forth to VG might be a bit of a rush but worth it if you can co ordinate the ferry..
1 169 Read More
British Virgin Islands
01/22/2022 06:19 PM
4 trips in last year and no one has asked.
3 351 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
01/22/2022 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by RonDon
Originally Posted by barryvabeach
Thanks for the report, I am familiar with most of the restaurants you mentioned, and have the same opinons, especially as to Ocean 82 and JC at La Villa. Did you have dessert at Oceans 82. Last year they had a pastry chef that was off the charts - made a lemon dessert that looked identical to a real lemon, and we are looking forward to going back there in February. BTW, the place you stayed at looks very nice.

OH! yes! we had that lemon last year and it was the highlight of the trip. Can't wait for our return. Hope the chef is still there.

Yes I had that amazing lemon dessert in December 2021! I can't believe I forgot to add that to my trip report!
20 2,005 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
01/22/2022 01:44 PM
Yup, it is sad to see them sitting there like that. Such a contrast with those that actually have passengers onboard.
8 449 Read More
General Caribbean
01/21/2022 10:49 PM
Spent many a happy night anchored in the bay at Deshaies, Guadeloupe, where all the town and bar scenes are set on Death in Paradise. Always watch it just for the memories.
4 123 Read More
British Virgin Islands
01/21/2022 10:10 PM
All boats at BVI Yacht Charters are licensed for fishing, both monos and cats.
10 439 Read More
British Virgin Islands
01/21/2022 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by Manpot
I am stuck with25th for my test for a couple of reasons..guess I'll take my chances..dont fancy retesting in Stt.

Get a couple more eMed tests and test on the 26th. It will fullfill both the USVI and BVI requirement. Use the kits you already have on 1/26 to get here. I always have few spares.
15 726 Read More
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10