Member Spotlight
CDJ
CDJ
Flagstaff, Arizona
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
captainmark
Who's Online Now
27 registered members (DDnBob, TomB, GeorgeC1, jenniboston, DanS, SXMBND, ECRunner, GaryC, ecm56, Bill_S, mark37, IWIWSE, PML, SXMScubaman, greenfields, stevel13, JohnandLin, boucharda, BeachKitten, 8 invisible), 160 guests, and 78 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
World Wide Travel
1 minute ago
We are doing a Transatlantic Cruise. Never one for cruise ships, but have always want to cross the Atlantic.
So we have 2 ports in Italy, 1 in France, 4 in Spain, Madeira, and the Azores. 15 days later we arrive in NYC

So far are only restrictions are in Italy where you are forced to do a ship excursion if you are from the USA.
Everywhere else Americans can walk off the boat.
There are no restrictions on EU citizens or Canadians in Europe.

56 days... but who is counting
5 209 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
50 minutes ago
Same sh*t going on in USA.
4 374 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
53 minutes ago
The way it was posted it looked like you were ready to submit for a trip now.
7 350 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 11:03 PM
We used the proctored test this past Wednesday for our flight from Beef Island to PR. Sat in our cat at Diamond Cay (we were the only ones there for two nights), and got on immediately with the proctor. You do the test with them watching, and need to stay on line for 15 minutes while the test kit does its magic. They come back and look at the sample, and 5 minutes later we got an email, and the results were posted to our NAVICA app.

We showed that to Silver Air on departure from Beef, and that was that.

It’s my understanding you need to register your account with NAVICA prior to leaving the US, which is what we did.

Don’t know if you can buy the test kits in the BVI…

Tom
5 202 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 09:51 PM
I wish the rules were a little more clear; maybe someone can help. My party consists of all vaccinated adults with the exception of my 8 year old daughter. The BVI.gov page is also confusion, but the link here says that unvaccinated travellers will be subject to using the gateway portal, but doesn't mention quarantine or anything else for her. I'm ok going through the portal if that is what it takes, but I don't want to spend thousands and arrive to find out that we can't go anywhere.

Does anyone have any clarity around kids? Thx!
6 881 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 09:46 PM
Mal, one of these years our plans are bound to match your presence in the islands and we'd love to get together with you as well. We always spend a couple of days in CGB.
9 98 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 08:43 PM
The Medivac insurance is significantly higher. The policy does cover expenses associated with having to quarantine.
14 542 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 05:01 PM
Ron--again, the original poster needs a PCR test.
25 613 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 02:25 PM
Haven’t stayed at Lambert Beach since before the big hurricane but the surf there Can be treacherous. It would be safer for them to take a taxi to Trellis Bay to pick them up there.
1 198 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 04:06 AM
I knew Reuben in the 'old days' when he played on the Flying Cloud, at Poor Richards, Bananas, The Pub, Prospect Reef, well....all over. My buddy Rick Norton (Poor Richards) had a special relationship with Reuben, and constantly harangued him to be recorded....back then on tape. Reuben always resisted, and absolutely refused to fly to the States.

When I established my own charterboat business, wherever I saw Reuben (with my guests in tow) he would always thank me with a fist bump - even in the middle of a song. I would like to consider Reuben my friend, and I guess he was. Even after I left the BVI, and whenever I returned with my family, I received the same fist bump. Reuben was the quintessential original West Indian - kind, generous, deeply religious, protective of his island, resistant to the colonial government, simple in his wants and needs, gentle in his ways, but firm in his beliefs. I'm sure that Reuben died in the same wooden shack that he lived in all his life.

Reuben's BVI doesn't exist anymore, and that saddens me. I'm so glad that I lived it when it did.
3 271 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 02:16 AM
I’m with you all the way, Bahston. We are usually in by ten at the latest and occasionally, well spent from a day of sunshine, we’re sometimes already asleep by eleven. Wow ! I hate to admit that……
30 3,355 Read More
British Virgin Islands
09/24/2021 09:31 PM
I suspect the BVI government does not like the fact that several BVI charter companies opened USVI bases and moved boats. Allowing USVI boats back into the BVI might end up being far more political based verses need or fact based. Having watched how the BVI has worked against USVI private water Taxi’s it would not surprise me if it’s a very long time before they change the current policy.
5 267 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
09/24/2021 07:53 PM
Name it then you can look all over for it.
10 700 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
09/24/2021 07:41 PM
Update: effective Oct. 1, vaccinated persons no longer need to apply for entry to the BVI. They still need a negative test within the last five days, and they need to show proof of vaccination. But despite this slight relaxation of COVID entry protocols, there is no indication that the BVI have reopened to foreign-based pleasure boats. I first heard of this update from New England Sailing Center, for whom I'm helping to deliver a boat from Newport to the BVI in November (they're allowed to take their boat in because they have a yacht base there, and this boat is part of their BVI-based fleet). This update also appears on https://www.bvitourism.com/reopening.
25 1,531 Read More
British Virgin Islands
09/24/2021 02:40 PM
Too late to edit but my note above should start with:

"I found the Premier's statement - made on the 15 of June 2021"
12 433 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
09/24/2021 02:40 PM
2 577 Read More
British Virgin Islands
09/24/2021 02:15 PM
Sam (98l) is currently projected to pass north of the BVI.s as a cat 3 or 4 so a major hurricane
20 2,042 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
09/24/2021 12:11 PM
Welcome to the forum Dr. Phil!!

MrTim
10 2,911 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
09/24/2021 03:08 AM
It must have been serendipity, isn't life grand!
11 1,670 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
09/24/2021 02:22 AM
That's good to know! Thanks Carol!
16 1,471 Read More
British Virgin Islands
09/24/2021 01:53 AM
Thank you very much. That is great. Appreciate the heads up on the paper copies as well.
11 526 Read More
British Virgin Islands
09/24/2021 01:11 AM
Yes, antigen is accepted by both.

What is the other test?
5 237 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
09/24/2021 01:06 AM
Why don't you take a photo of your card an have it on your phone. You can keep the original in a safe place and your phone will do the showing.
6 1,093 Read More
Afloat
09/23/2021 11:24 PM
Wonderful report....We can all have hope
5 243 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
09/23/2021 09:57 PM
Did the Walgreens IDNOW test at 2:30 p.m. on a Friday in August. Had our test results and St. Maarten approvals before we went to bed that Friday night. Made our Monday flight so much more enjoyable. That is definitely the way to go if you have access to it.
68 2,141 Read More
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7