Member Spotlight
RonDon
RonDon
Rhode Island
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online Now
6 registered members (Sunnykm, vetteguy, BaardJ, MrEZgoin, 2 invisible), 224 guests, and 400 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
Incredible sunset
27 706 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
Sounds about normal for what we experienced at one of our three times there. Other two weren't any better. We wrote Sale and Pepe off a few years ago. Haven't tried new location but can't expect it's changed much,.
10 489 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
"** DUST WARNING; THOSE SUSCEPTIBLE REMAIN CAUTIOUS **

The Minister of Public Health, Social Development and Labor, Omar Ottley hereby informs the public of a lot of dust ahead. People with pulmonary or eye conditions should take the necessary precautions. In distinguishing the possible symptoms from COVID-19, the latter has more systemic effects/symptoms; headaches, fever, sore muscles. Dust symptoms are usually limited to eye irritation, dry cough and shortness of breath especially in those who are susceptible. If in doubt, consult your General Practitioner."
0 80 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
4 hours ago
Moe’s in charlotte Amalie is stocked. They have everything but at a little bit of a price premium.

Pueblo is hit or miss.
4 127 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
5 hours ago
Down here now. Maho has no vacancy tonight. About 7 boats in Francis.

Around 5pm the entire caneel stretch had about 3-4 moorings open.
3 254 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:37 PM
Got it thanks!
20 703 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 11:25 PM
ok thanks for this
7 548 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:32 PM
Ohhhhh.....Ribs @ the Willie T's.....Great memory. So Good! Damn now I want ribs for dinner
14 394 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:29 PM
So sorry to hear that Rose Blackwell has retired from Simpson Bay Resort. Very happy for Rose, but what a loss for all SBR owners.
0 120 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
Yesterday at 09:22 PM
My family had both Moderna shots, 6 weeks later CVS tests documented positive for IgG antibodies. FYI....my mother inlaw had the J&J vaccine 2 months ago, a test this week showed NO antibodies, she is scheduled for another vaccine now.
13 162 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:19 PM
Oops
2 228 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
Yesterday at 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by maytrix
Hopefully this all changes soon. No more of a risk with a crew coming in then people coming in via plane or ferry. Might argue coming in on a private boat is less of a risk.

I've been thinking over our options as we have a trip planned end of July but we're still waiting on my son's passport. Thinking about contingencies if we don't get it in time. One of them being bringing the boat over to the USVI. With 4 of us on the trip, figure 2 of us could go to BVI to bring it over. If we can't bring it back, I wonder if we could pay for that service just the one way. Seems that would at least reduce the costs? If it was just the $2k to move it back, that's still likely cheaper then other possibilities such as just being land based on PR or St John..etc.

Did you see the announcement about the BVI opening more ports for international vaccinated guests? This could possibly be the opening for private vessels. https://bvinews.com/three-additional-seaports-reopen-for-fully-vaccinated-intl-traffic/
11 299 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 02:22 PM
Yes it is a mess.... Nobody wants to know my opinion on this, we cancelled current events for a reason! hammer hairy

Have read some of the "work arounds" or ideas. Will see what happens, but the cruise line industry in Florida is HUGE and then some.
7 660 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 02:22 PM
Yes. We have a few at home too.
13 959 Read More
Cancun - Isla Mujeres - Mexico
Yesterday at 12:26 PM
I’m assuming not, but it really doesn’t matter since a person who is fully vaccinated can get COVID-19. Not a major issue if you are retired but if you are expecting to return to work it certainly is…
10 1,567 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by Bahston
Your idea of "doing nothing" accomplishes a whole lot. IMHO, there is no need to go-go-go vacation. We should all try to enjoy more laid-back "do nothing" days.

My sentiments exactly, Bahston! What doesn’t happen this trip will give you something to look forward to for the next one.
That’s my story and I’m sticking with it!!
18 1,240 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 09:42 AM
Big relief...my daughter and wife caught quite a few mistakes as I entered portal data...clearly i am slower than I think...:)
4 331 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 02:47 AM
Thanks, Jazzgal. Missed that the first time around. Sounds like it was just 'so-so', but I've always loved the scenery around there. And, yes it definitely helps knowing a little french there, as well as in Grand Case from past experiences. Even if you butcher it (like I sometimes do) they often appreciate the attempt ... and then speak to you in English anyway. If you ever happen to visit Martinique (on a day trip or a cruise stop) it's highly recommended to speak some french there.
10 847 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 01:07 AM
It must be for private boats and day charters. Why else would 4 ports be open to International visitors when the International ferry's are only running to Road Town? I think this is a big deal but once again, we have to interpret what we just heard.
3 349 Read More
World Wide Travel
Yesterday at 12:46 AM
I third what Beerman said. Great trip all around.

Ellen
5 239 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
06/15/2021 11:06 PM
Thanks for the info on how these shows are created. Didn't realize that they were done after the fact i.e. after the "stars" had already made a purchase. I guess that requires some acting skills. Anyway, since I can't get back the SXM right now, it is nice to have a look at the island. smile
8 853 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
06/15/2021 11:00 PM
Market Garden lol.
9 784 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
06/15/2021 10:37 PM
We went to Pinel yesterday and learned that Yellow Beach is closed with most of staff on vacation from June 14 to July 9. Karibuni will be more crowded than usual.

We had heard ferry starts now at 9:30 - I was skeptical, but we got there a little before 9:30. First ferry left a few minutes before 10. Still 10 euros or 12 dollars for the round trip. Last ferry was 4pm.
0 276 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
06/15/2021 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by jazzgal
Hopefully by the next time you travel, Georgia, they will have implemented the "no testing for fully vaxed" policy.

Linda, I hope you're right!
9 770 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
06/15/2021 08:28 PM
This website covers the programme:
http://www.nudismcuba.com
3 337 Read More
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11