Traveltalkonline.com Forums


TTOL Sponsors
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,059
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 31
RonDon 29
mahokid 27
erb923 26
GaKaye 19
kim 18
Member Spotlight
crmoores
crmoores
Finger Lake Region
Posts: 1,491
Joined: January 2005
Today's Birthdays
MassExodus, mayhem
Who's Online Now
2 members (S/Y Mockingbird, mark37), 1,793 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
Re: Shocking Biras development plans knitsoftwear Yesterday at 08:31 PM
First year we went was 2021. We loved it. Went once or twice a year for quite a while. After what's his name from Michigan took over we started to hate it. They were just sucking it dry for Oil Nut Bay.
That is when we started renting a villa in Nail Bay. Quieter and we stayed longer.
7 409 Read More
Southern Caribbean Jump to new posts
Re: Grenada worth it if not on boat? Eva Yesterday at 03:05 PM
It's been a while for me, but lately I've been having the urge to go back to Grenada. I've done both sailing charters and land-based trips. This time around, it would be land. I second La Sagesse and True Blue -- though the beach at True Blue is not as nice as others. In particular I've been eyeing La Luna on the southwest side of the island near Morne Rouge (aka "BBC Beach").

You might also look at the L'anse Aux Epines (Prickly Bay) area.

Would love to hear what you decide on.
2 146 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Re: Pre-Christmas Crowds snmhanson 09/28/2026 07:56 PM
Thanks for the replies. We are locked into our timeline due to our daughter's college break schedule. Will try to do as much pre-planning as possible, though I'm sure we will also have exercise plenty of patience and be flexible.

On that note, my daughter's flight was already significantly changed by American Airlines after booking in just a few days ago. Had her flying SLC>MIA>EIS, but now the SLC>MIA flight is cancelled and she is getting routed through DFW. Still getting there the same day, but a longer travel day and arriving 10:00PM rather than around noon.
3 279 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Re: Favorite BVI memories Fran 09/28/2026 12:20 PM
PerIwinkle, Great to see you on here again. Karyl and I don't get to go down there anymore but hold many wonderful memories of our trips and TTOL parties, both on island and here in the US. I don't post very much as I don't feel I have relevant info as it's been so long since our last visit, but I continue to 'lurk' if just to see what old friends are saying.

Cheers,
Fran
29 1,675 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Re: Tortola stop on Virgin Cruise Todd 09/26/2026 03:59 PM
I get the don't go when the cruise ships go, same thing we avoid on SXM in different areas, thanks for pointing that out.

I like the AC Taxi idea, key thing on this trip for us is to see if it is a place we would like to go back to. Someday we do plan on doing a sailing charter around the BVI's.

I just want to relax, eat and drink.
3 277 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Re: High Season vytis104 09/24/2026 01:59 PM
Never said there was a charge to be a member, sorry that my comment seemed to indicate this. But as your reply states Members help each other, and we used to get some benefits from other members for being TTOL members at various locations....esp Leverick.
17 975 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Re: Top 10 defunct BVI Eateries toast 09/23/2026 11:24 AM
have great memory of Flying Iguana with our kids. Really good food there as well, not to mention the unique location of being at the airport.
41 1,973 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Re: National Park discussion re granting luxury cruise line private access to The Baths vytis104 09/22/2026 08:43 PM
Go have cocktails or lunch at Top o the Baths and walk through the gate and head down the "old way."

We no longer go to the Baths, and instead head to the national park if we wish to head that way. We typically prefer to spend time at Fallen Jerusalem instead.
12 858 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Re: BVI Concierge Services vytis104 09/22/2026 08:31 PM
Bring back the BVI VIP program and reward those who come down regularly, not the wealthy visitors!
5 424 Read More
United States & Canada Jump to new posts
Flagstaff, AZ GaKaye 09/21/2026 12:14 PM
We're considering a week or two visit to visit the Grand Canyon, Painted Desert, Sedona, etc., and looking at Flagstaff as a "base camp". We have very little experience renting an Airbnb, but that's what we're looking at now. Anyone here have any actual experience with an Airbnb in Flagstaff?
0 266 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Re: 2:10 pm Southwest flight out of STT GeorgeC1 09/16/2026 02:00 PM
What day of the week? If not Saturday they should be fine. Better than fine if carryon only.
1 211 Read More
BVI Photo Gallery Jump to new posts
Jeannius Photos Jeannius 09/15/2026 08:40 AM
Various photos by Jeannius. Flotilla from possibly 2009 and unknown location but think it is Apple Bay
0 219 Read More
Jamaica's Resorts & Beaches Jump to new posts
Grand Lido Negril DaveinFL 09/09/2026 03:27 PM
Two quick questions.

1. Has anyone been there since the reopening last month? Thoughts if you have.
2. Does the pool get afternoon sun?

Thanks.
0 355 Read More
United States & Canada Jump to new posts
Re: Western Michigan fans robbed in Ann Arbor Carol_Hill 09/07/2026 12:35 PM
It certainly looks like the game was over to me. Having graduated from a MAC school myself, I feel for Western MIchigan fans. Of course, based on what's going on in college football these days, I'm kind of glad that I don't really follow it anymore. At least with the pros, I know it's all about money.
1 791 Read More
United States & Canada Jump to new posts
Re: Passport renewal times o2bnsxm 09/04/2026 10:57 PM
Follow up post, we mailed them on Monday August 24th, and following the track info they didn't get delivered until the following Monday, August 31. We did pay the expedited fee, only because we are leaving in several weeks for a trip to the Mountains and I was hoping they would get here before then. We received them TODAY!! They are in our safe, and ready to travel with us on our November Panama Cruise. I have no second guesses about paying the expedited fee and I will sleep much better with the new passports in our possession. It only took one week to receive them after the Passport Office received them. If anyone is in need of a quick return, I would recommend sending them by a quicker method (maybe priority) so they are delivered to the Passport Office sooner.
7 3,727 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Re: Shipping Options to Tortola Quiz Mistress 09/04/2026 04:10 PM
FYI, Doyle’s Sails above TMM in Road Reef Marina have many, many sample books of Sunbrella. Erin is very easy to deal with and once ordered they ship and clear them for you and if needed have them made up.
11 510 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Re: Mooring/Boatyball Question RatmansWife 09/04/2026 01:45 PM
This is the lowest of low season. Some boats likely have already been pulled or moved south. There should be no trouble getting a ball without reservation, so no need to use BoatyBall, except where it is used for payment.
1 173 Read More
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5