Thanks everyone. Baardj's comments go back to my concern getting from Lind pt to Cruz Bay. Our dinghy is 12 ft with 10 hp. I spec'd out a bunch of 12 ft RBs online. Average capacity appears 5 - 6 people, 1350 - 1650 lbs. We are 7 weighing in at 1200 lbs, so not too bad. I always carry a light and handheld VHF and would also take the life vests for longer rides like this one. For very short swimmable jaunts, probably not. Good to remember most bareboat accidents are in the dinghy, not the yacht.

That anchorage looks too shallow for my 7 ft draft. Better for cats I guess. Deeper water looks to be in front of bouys that mark the ferry channel. Also customs requires everyone be present. I usually don't leave a boat at anchor without someone aboard. I guess some do for short periods?

A $30 docking surcharge is annoying but not prohibitive given the total trip cost.

Agree also that maneuvering a large unfamiliar yacht in close quarters could be tricky, but is it that much different at the customs dock than at the marinas?