Another forgotten detail: on Tuesday afternoon, we stopped by Tijon on the way home from Kakao. Both John and Cyndi were there, and it was fun to chat with them for a while. The business is doing well; a bus tour was leaving as we arrived. We replenished our favorite items and John treated me to a sample of their newest perfume, Ti Amour. It's a very romantic scent, finished with a piece of gold leaf in the bottle . It's not yet available for sale, so I feel very privileged to have it.

Thursday we awoke to rain, but both Wind Guru and my weather app said the showers would end by 9, so we headed on over to Kakao. Just as we reached the parking lot it started raining harder, and we could see that it wasn't going to stop any time soon. With six ships in, Philipsburg didn't seem a good option either, so we headed back home. The heavy rains caused a lot of flooding on the roads, and at several points I wished we had a car with more clearance. A tanker truck got stuck trying to negotiate the sharp turn on the hill in front of Le Poulet; wheels spinning and he couldn't go up or down. We were finally able to get past him on the shoulder, and surfed our way back to La Vista. We decided on the Yacht Club for an early lunch, where I confirmed that they still have the best bloody Mary on the island, even though Sid isn't mixing them. The rest of the day was spent reading and dodging showers on the balcony. Dinner was cheese, crackers, and wine.

Friday was another Dreams day, and it was perfect in every way. I had the Bo Bun salad, and David had the pizza he'd been wanting for several days. MJ couldn't resist ordering the, get this, Bacon Cheeseburger sushi roll. Steak tartar wrapped in nori, rice, bacon, and finally a light coating of cheese! Lora had a different roll, Todd the explosive pizza, and Brad also got the bo bun salad. Lora and I couldn't resist the no name dessert, and two were shared by the six of us. After a nap on the beach, it was time to head home.

Friday is sausage night at Bavaria, so we headed over there, mostly to wish Tanja a happy birthday. After a couple of hours chatting with friends, we decided we didn't want sausages for dinner, so headed over to The Palms where we shared appetizers for a late dinner . While we were there, who should come up to our table but Cheryl, of Andy and Cheryl fame. I had never met her, but she recognized Todd and MJ. She seems very happy with her new life.

Saturday, the end of our second week on the island. We went to El Zafiro, and in spite of the wind, it was a nice beach day. We ran into Motown Tim there, and a couple of friends from Facebook joined us for lunch, as did Brad (Wofan) and Lora, who were leaving. After more relaxing on the beach, we walked up past Beachside Villas to wave at the Masts as their bright yellow Spirit plane took off.

Saturday evening we spent an hour or so at Buccaneer listening to the live music of Ronny and Pete, and it was another early one for us.