Definitely get yourself a few handlines. On our cat I put 100' lines on the outer corners, 90' lines on the inside corners of the boarding steps, a 75' line in the center with spreader bar or daisy chain. Also put out a 200' rod mounted line on the downwind corner. I use a variety of feathers and plugs with a mix of colors, but last several trips I've been getting 90% of the strikes on a blue & white Zuker tuna feather. There are a couple online retailers that offer nicely made handlines with shockcord. I've made up my own using tuna cord or paracord. Add a bungee cord at the boat end and I prefer to add at least 15' of 400 lb mono leader at the lure. I use $2 extension cord reels to store each line.

Make sure to keep the lures clean of sargasso or you won't catch anything. We visually check every 5 minutes or so, then quickly pull in the lines periodically to confirm they are clean.

Mostly we catch bonito and barracuda but every once in a while we get something a bit more edible. Got a nice 8 lb yellowfin tuna in early December. Got a ~50 lb sailfish that we caught and released in early November. Both on the Bl/Wh Zuker feather.