RickG said:
Twanger said:
Culebra Customs is 877-529-6840. You cannot reach them from a mooring at Bayo Tortugas because you won't have cell coverage there. You can get cell coverage from about 4 miles out.

We've been scolded for calling before we are anchored. We do SVRS, so the process is a bit different for us. You need a current DTOPS sticker on your boat or you'll need to go to the airport and buy one.

Cheers, RickG

Culebra C&I Tip:

Call Customs at (787) 729-6840 or (877) 529-6840 when you are at least 25 minutes from the seaward R"2" buoy on the Ensenada Honda approach. This will have you about 50 minutes from the town dock at Ensenada Honda.
- On both visits this Fall, we were thanked by the customs officer (Delgado) for calling before our arrival.
- It takes a good 25 minutes to communicate all the vessel and passport information by phone, so it's best to have this completed before you start navigating the channel from R"2" to R"12" for the first time.
- You'll be talking to a customs officer in Puerto Rico.
- You'll be asked where you are headed. I suggest saying "anchoring off the town dock in Ensenada Honda, Culebra".
- You'll provide vessel information (name, manufacturer, length, USCG documentation number), CBP Decal Number, crew information (name, DOB, passport #, expiration), and return phone number.
- The officer may call you back shortly with instructions, or they may request that you call back once you are anchored in Ensenada Honda. If you have all US citizens onboard with no background issues, you will likely be cleared in via phone. If you have a US Permanent Resident or Alien onboard, you will likely have to report to C&I at the airport.
- The airport is 0.75 miles from the Town Dock in Ensenada Honda. Find a taxi or it's an 18 minute walk heading north on the main road (Hwy 250, then veering to the left as you approach the airport. It's well marked.)
- Airport has a small arrivals/departure hall. C&I office is located to the far left side as you enter. Knock on the door if it's locked. There'll be an officer inside. We had a US Permanent Resident onboard, so on our two visits it took the officer 1 minute to scan all the passports, and then we talked for 5 minutes on the best restaurants for lunch and our plans for our visit.

Last edited by BaardJ; 01/28/2017 11:32 AM.