|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,071
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 7,135
Joined: July 2001
|
|
|
12 members (DavidMartha, Susieville, caribmichael, BuffaloBob, JeanneB, SXMFOX, oeastcoast, BillDauterive, kaba, 3 invisible),
395
guests, and
43
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 24
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 24 |
On my own 38' motor yacht as well as the two Moorings power cats I have chartered (393 and 474) I have a good view over the stern from the helm, which is important to me when maneuvering in mooring/anchoring fields and along side docks/slips as well as keeping an eye on the dinghy. On some of the newer Moorings power cats I notice that that the helm is located more forward on the bridge so that you you can't see directly over the stern. They apparently have rear facing cameras viewable on the chart plotter or a separate screen on the control panel. (If I ever charter one of these I envision having to station my own crew member spotter in place when needed for this.) Does anyone have any experience, thoughts, preferences or ideas on this? Am I unnecessarily concerned?
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
|
|