wmangum said:
NCSailor said:
Manpot said:
Dean will always come and pick you up..

Not always. Two years ago we were "late" arriving on Anegada. When I called Dean he reminded me that we had indicated an 11am arrival but said he would pick us shortly. We settled in at Potters for a drink. 30 minutes later the phone at the bar rang. The bartender then came over and said Dean was too busy go up to S&K. They have a car for you. Now we use S&K.

The "not always" does not apply! This was not Dean's fault!

Dean has other things that keep him very busy. In a previous post, you admitted that you were two hours late. He probably waited for you a half an hour or so and then went back to other things. If it was two years ago, he was almost certainly at work on his newest cottage.

Did you expect him to sit at the anchorage for two hours, or to drop what he was doing because you were late?

Dean is extremely reliable.

If you arrange a time with Dean, you can be certain that he will be there on time.

If Dean is in the business of renting vehicles to sailors then I would think he would understand that sailboats sometimes run "late" even two hours "late". He should simply have told me when I called him upon arrival that he couldn't accommodate the reservation rather tell me he was coming and then calling the bar later to cancel.