My husband and I stayed there last April 2017 as I wanted to try the French Side. The units are as described above. Units were very spacious with a beautiful balcony over looking the sea. I was a bit put off by the beach for swimming at first but it continued to grow on me and by weeks end I loved it. The waves make a wonderful sound as they recede over the smooth black stones. I felt like I was in Greece. We walked into Grand Case several times for dinner and I loved being able to walk. We came back after dark and had no problems. The hosts Emile and Suzy Larmony were wonderful hosts and had a great dinner for all the guests one night. They also provided free passes to Pinel Island which we enjoyed very much. We often went to Happy Bay which requires parking and then walking but the Beach there is amazing and quiet especially if you can avoid the day the tours and party boats come. If we go again I would ask for one of the top units as you can park right near them and have a back private entrance. All units do have a private balcony.