This is just one person's opinion but the last time we were at Bajatzu, either last November, or January, I thought the steak was merely so-so and perhaps a little more expensive than past visits but I'm not really sure about the latter. I don't recall what I didn't like about it but I do know both DH and I didn't bother going there in April. It wasn't bad by any means, but it wasn't out of this world like they used to be either.

A couple of Novembers ago, we had an awesome grilled rib eye steak at, of all places, the little place at the rear of the Ocean Club - I think it's called the Green Monkey? It wasn't fancy and the place itself is very small but someone staying there had recommended their rib-eye night - it was only $25.00 pp - so we tried it and thought it was very good. But I personally like rib eye steak and I know some don't, and I like a more casual setting, which this certainly is. I don't know if they still offer the special and if yes, I don't know what night it was but you might check it out beforehand to see if they still have it and when........

Since you're staying in the Maho area, I'd check out Le Moulin Fou and see if they have steak on their menu - I'm pretty sure they do but not absolutely positive. I've never had anything there that wasn't terrific, both in quality of food and service and the setting is convenient and nice, particularly if Cheri's is closed and you can dine al fresco without the noise from down below.

There are a gazillion places that have very good steaks but basically, it's a matter of what you like and how you like it along with how far you want to travel for dinner.

Last edited by pat; 08/24/2017 06:09 PM.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."