Will_L said:
Thinking Voyage is not on as firm financial footing as TMM and Moorings. That’s likely what the deal is. Will they survive and make good on keeping deposits on charters they cannot fulfil as scheduled? Possibly ..but who knows? My take..if they don’t have a boat available for a scheduled charter and you request a refund for a charter booked during that time..you are entitled to a full refund if you don’t choose to wait until later.
It would be wise for these companies to offer 10 days for 7 or a significant discount to book a charter later than schedule. But not returning deposits on boats not available is unconciounsnable. ..or sign they are financially precarious.
The same company if indeed are forcing someone to take a different boat or a different time ..would in no way allow a chartered to change those items a few weeks out.

I tend to agree with the latter part of the statement about returning deposits for a full refund on a charter boat that cannot be delivered. My group does not wish to take a different boat at a different time period. They told me flat out they want to cancel and receive a refund. I cannot change that and why should I convince them otherwise, its their money, their time and their prerogative. They will consider a trip possibly 2 years down the road, but do not wish to leave a substantial deposit on hold with Voyage.

Voyage was very vague regarding our options a few weeks ago when I called regarding our trip and deposit. They requested more time to assess even though the rep told me they were down to 6 out of 30 vessels in their fleet and 1 new one on the way for November. I said that even with 7 boats next year they couldn't accommodate all charters in the timeframe we are scheduled, so we would choose a full refund. He said he would notate that on our account and left it at that. So I did not officially request a refund but implied we would like a full refund as the boat we chartered was lost.

Yesterday I too received the email thanking their "wonderful clients who have allowed them to postpone their charters and hold their deposits and credit towards future charters" We did not agree to this... now what??? I have not yet requested a refund, but think I will call tomorrow.

Last edited by d_fish; 10/12/2017 12:23 AM.