I agree with Pat. We have postponed our February 2018 trip. We are in no means giving up on St Martin and I have every intention of going back in February of 2019.

I have spoken with the Owner of our condo in Mont Vernon and the entire complex has sustained a lot of damage. My gut feeling is that it will not be ready for us in February to return. Nobody has said that this is fact, the correct answer, or that it won't be ready for us. It is just my gut feeling. Maybe I am wrong and things will move forward faster than I expect.

Although I had to make a choice. I did not want to miss out on my winter vacation to a "warm spot" so I cancelled St Martin and scheduled Belize.

Time will tell if my decision was correct or not but I had to decided something, so I went with my gut and scheduled the guaranteed time in Belize. I wish well upon all those who have been affected by Irma. I truly feel horrible for all those affected. I even hope I am wrong and that things get repaired faster than I expect.

In the meantime I will continue to donate to help out the locals as much as possible. After all they are the ones who have opened up their island to my wife and I and made it feel like a second home to us. I have not or will not forget St Martin. I just feel it is in my best interest to wait.