I can't help but notice the stark incongruity between this video and the information in the "Reality Check" thread. This one is sorta "Come on Down, Folks!", while the Reality Check info is very dark and ominous, basically it's really bad, and tourists have no business going.

I took the position right after the storm happened that, in the long run, the biggest threat faced by the island wasn't that too many people would want to go too soon, but the opposite. I recognized that there would be an initial period when it would be basically impossible to go as a tourist, followed by a period when it would be possible but a bad idea. I wondered how a person like me would be able to determine when that second period ended, and I assumed that this board would be of assistance in figuring that out.

I wonder if the two narratives I mentioned above will converge at some point and, of so, when? It is probably a waste of time trying to figure out a "right" or "wrong". A person's perspective makes all the difference in what they see.

Last edited by thebowl; 10/19/2017 12:59 PM.