My wife and I are in St Martin now and were at Club O today. Probably about 80-100 people on the beach today and 90% were nude. On days when a cruise ship is in, there are more people. Most of the cruise boaters come to Club O to enjoy the beach nude or topless but a few come to see the hurricane damage, have a drink at Perch Lite and then head back to the boat.
As Carol said, safety is not a problem
As far as photos being taken, I don't think much of that is happening right now. At Club O, we are not seeing the usual cruise boat gawkers as other years as Orient Beach is pretty quite now without any of the beach bars. I imagine most of the cruise boat traffic is staying in Philipsburg
I think a person could be nude anywhere on Orient as the tourists here now come to be nude on the beach and the only other people are the local French who don't seem to care if your nude or not.
I personally think that some people who come to Club O to be nude on the beach take the no photo thing a bit to far. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favor of the gawkers taking my photo but what is wrong with having a photo of you and your partner enjoying the sun au naturel for your own vacation memories?