Some very interesting points but first ... Warren, I actually did take the direct approach with TMM last week and have to say they have been fantastic with response and helping us to make this work. There are limits to what they can do with discounts but as expected, Karen has been responsive and helpful and we hope to make this happen.

I'm hoping to finalize plans in the next day or so but an illustration of some of the ups and downs of crew building ...

The one couple we counted on, Brother in law and long time live in GF, split up literally between when I announced we had a boat on hold and this weekend. Fortunately it looks like he's going to keep the space and we'll see for sure tonight.

Mike .... I hear you but I tend to look at organizing trips in 3 parts and it starts with my wife and I are going during a particular time of year. Then we feel out family or friends. in this case we had 4 couples who said they were in but within a couple of weeks 2 had second thoughts. No money down, no harm no foul. We always have a plan B. Once money is down and boat is committed then there are no refunds.

BTW, the final Plan C is always, my wife and I are going whether we have crew or not. I'd be happy in BVI just the two of us on a monohull or with a group. We love our boat trips and love to share them but if others can't make it it's their loss. smile

S/V Tortuga
Lagoon 46
[Linked Image]