Originally Posted by irish1223
Originally Posted by RonDon
Some didn't even know the island had been devastated by a hurricane.

Then they must live under a rock. It's up to travelers to do their homework before visiting ANY island, country, or tourist spot. At least IMHO.

With that being said, we loved the video. So nice to see something positive and all the hard work coming to fruition. As Elaine said, lots of other info online about the damages and/or progress if one takes the time to look.

My thought exactly that this person I was talking to lived "under a rock." They asked me if I knew if there had been a fire or something at that hotel at the end of the boardwalk. My reply was exactly haven't you heard about the hurricane? They said yes but they were told there hadn't been much damage. They then added that they'd taken a cruise because all the hotels were booked. I told them---not booked but destroyed.

This video posted here was also sent to me in an email from Divi with a note that the island was back to normal and they were booking for May 2018.
Yes one should always do their homework but some people like to have an agent do it for them. Either they don't have the time or the knowledge.These people don't come to sites like this to get information. I too have been excited about a deal too good to be true and found the place looked better in photos.