Obtaining groceries is not hard at all. There is a grocery store in the town of Nosara only a few miles away. There is also a small store nearby that carries some organic and gluten free products. Plus there is a farmers type market occasionally which we always missed.

We arranged to be picked up at the airport and had a rental car delivered to us which made getting groceries no problem. While it's nice to have a car to better explore the area, it's not a requirement to stock your unit with provisions. Whenever Arni or Bibi go to town for provisions, they always ask if they can pick anything up of if you'd like to ride along. You'll get to know the other guests and most will offer as well. In addition we were given a menu to order meat (steaks, ribs, chops, sausages etc) to be delivered and someone is always going to the fish market and typically asks for orders as well. You'll be in email contact with your hosts when you book a unit and can even arrange to have some basic provisions when you arrive.

Maybe it was the incredible friendly group in the other units we were with. I will admit this was our only concern going in, but it turned out to be a major plus. Everyone got along so well we decided to all try for the same timeframe this year. Unfortunately it didn't work out that we could go this year.

The other thing I've learned is that this is how nudists are. They are the the friendliest, most considerate people I've meet. Combine that with the way your hosts go out of their way to make sure everyone's needs are being met really makes for a nice situation.

I know that's a long answer to a short question Carol, so the short answer is obtaining food provisions is not a problem, with or without a car.