Originally Posted by Schwendy
Do you own a boat at home and/or have a lot of boating experience with verified time in a boat length within about 5 feet of the boat size you want to charter? If your sailing resume is weak I highly suggest you talk to Grant Headefin at NauticEd. He has online courses and will help with your resume and even handle the bookings and communication with charter company to get you ready and approved. His courses are accepted by Moorings and he has a good relationship with them. There is no fee for his broker services and the courses aren't very expensive. He even has a BVI chart briefing course that is accepted by most of the charter companies so you can do that at home and skip it on arrival.

This is good information thanks. Am going to ask all charters what they require and will certainly check out the info you gave me above. We live in Tampa I have seen where they do have power boat courses actually on the water here so will take one if need be. Owned a cabin cruiser in the past but was a long time ago mostly boated all over the California delta, familiar with anchoring, tieing up, watching for deepness etc. Have been on several boat charters in the BVIs with only a captain, have picked up mooring balls, have been coming to the BVIs on land ventures and boat charters to all BVI islands since 2010 so familiar with islands, that's about it.

Last edited by tangerine3; 06/24/2018 11:33 AM.

[Linked Image]