Well, okay then!! Glad we see eye to that one. NOT!!

Quite honestly, I really like both places but personally speaking, I think the better food can be found at FBBC on Friars Baie Beach but the better beach area at ElZafiro.

The down-side there is the beach at Friars Baie can get crazy with celebrants on most holidays. We were there one Easter and saw the locals having a ball but the place was mobbed and they were really into the idea of party! Party! PARTY!! Thing is, I don’t know if they celebrate our Independence Day as one of their holidays though I’m willing to bet they do..... The rocky entrance to the beach can be daunting as can the roads to get there on either end. FBBC can be expensive and their drinks, for sure, but it’s so very good! They used to give free chairs and umbrellas (though you had to pay for the cushions if you wanted them for the hard plastic chairs....) to those who eat and drink there but I read somewhere - maybe here? - they now charge for chair set-ups. I don’t honestly remember what the bathroom facilities are at FBBC and I seem to remember they don’t take CCs.

And as for El Zafiro, we love it there and think the beach is slightly better than Friars, having no rocky 3 to 4 foot gravel to pass over before the beach enters into the water. However, many say the food is not great although we’ve both always had good food (I usually have salad plates and DH generally enjoys burgers...) and good service as well. It’s a nicer beach given the quality of the sand but we’ve also experienced heavy Sargasso seaweed accumulating at that corner of the beach a few years ago when the Sargasso was rampant. It gets busy there but not usually as wild as Friars Bay on holidays and they did accept CCs as of a year ago. We didn’t get down yet this year but I think they still accept them. And the good news is the chairs are (or were last April) free with lunch and or drinks. Great bathrooms and free to guests.

It might be a matter of choosing a beach based on convenience to where you’re staying.

Our personal favorite beach is Mullet but the question mark for me would again be the crowds and whether or not food, which to us means Roses BBQ ribs...., was available. In either place parking can be problematic if you don’t get there early and we always park at Mullet by backing into a spot and making certain we won’t get blocked in by other cars. Food is very reasonable, umbrellas and chairs typical and portapottys - a dollar to use, I think, and no CCs accepted on the beach.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."