Have you seen the property now? Have you been on the property and looked in the rooms and seen the destruction? Do you have first hand knowledge of what they already have done and plan on doing to each and every room? I have and it's a great undertaking. They don't want a half assed fix and to just cover up the damage as some resorts are doing. But a complete remake. Not an easy fix with a short labor force and limited available materials on island. All rooms need to be rewired and new plumbing to get rid of those airline style flushing toilets. Every counter has to be specially made to measure as all rooms aren't exact and some have different configurations. It's pretty much building from scratch within a preexisting skeleton that needed to be stripped to the bare bones to start with. Remodels are a lot more time consuming and difficult than just building on a bare lot. Then there is the complete restocking of each room with all new furniture, furnishings such as drapes that have to be made to measure, appliances and the list goes on.
Seeing it first hand and communicating with workers and management on island I agree with that timetable. As they said in the letter they don't want to give false hope on an earlier opening date and have to extend it. They want it at 100% before they open and not a partial opening as other resorts have done which I agree 100%.