|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,075
Members27,641
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Aries4
Morrisville, PA/West End, Tortola
Posts: 460
Joined: July 2006
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 63
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 63 |
Hi. We are taking a "cabin charter" for a week out of Tortola. Wondering about the appropriate amount to tip the crew of 2. I assume service will be good and I work in a service industry, so I am generally a good tipper, but the info I find on line is kind of useless--it suggests 5% to 20%. That is obviously a huge range. Do these crews get a fair salary and the tips are just icing on the cake, or are they living on tips like American servers? If we were to set our "tip target" at $50 per day (so $350 total) would that be generous or cheapo? Obviously, it will come down to the level of service, but I am going into assuming they are going to take good care of us. Thanks for any guidelines you can suggest.
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
Entire Thread
|
Tipping advice
|
floridamike
|
09/28/2018 05:08 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|