Welcome, Krafty. If it's your first time, you're going to be in for a real treat. Be ready to get hooked. I was only asking b/c my biggest advice will be to start your trip with nothing but patience. One scenario is that your boat is ready for you at the noon start. And then I assume you're staying at the dock that night after spending time settling aboard, getting provisions, boat check, chart briefing, and sundown). If the boat is ready by noon, then it's possible you could make a run to Cooper to stay on the ball if you got out early (with a backup plan if/when Cooper is full). But again be patient and don't try to rush off the dock if it's your first go-around.

But the more likely scenario is that your boat is not ready at noon. If it's coming in from another charter that morning (along with other boats), then it's likely going to take them time to turn it around and have it ready for you. I haven't charted with Horizon before. But one charter we had the boat ready to go when we got to the base ~4pm. On the last charter, we arrived about 2pm and got the boat around 8pm. It was a "disaster", but we played it cool and was compensated with a great dinner. Therefore, I would personally recommend having your provisions delivered in the late afternoon to give you some buffer. But that's just me.

Feel free to post some of your other expectations and plans for that first day and check-in if you want feedback from the board. Again, welcome and be prepared for great time!

~~~~_/)~~~~
"The TTOL Member Map Guy"
TTOL Member Map
TTOL Member Map Form