My opinion....... I am NOT surprised .chair prices are being raised on any beach on SXM. These poor folks were put out of business for well over a year now, and now are finally getting back to work. Supply and demand now is still low......and now that the island is making headway, things will continue to get better for them. In the meanwhile....we, the tourists are there on vacation!!!! These people, have been living for well over a year without any income!!! Do you really think they will feel sorry for the tourists that are coming back to spend their money on the island???? Will the ten dollars a day for chairs really break any of us financially? This time last year, the buzz on this forum, and every other forum connected to sxm was how can we help these poor people during their time of need!!!! Now the answer is quite clear......go to the beaches......rent the chairs for a couple of dollars more than two years ago. 10 bucks.....broken down...is less than two freakin' mixed drinks. I am not made of money....but certainly will not think twice spending 30...instead of 20 for a day of fun filled relaxation on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world!!! Come on guys.....think about how trite some of you are making it. My two cents.