Carol......No, Gus did not receive a jail sentence. We're very good friends with Gus.....well over 20 years. He upon going down to his bar to check for damage/or if it still was there after the hurricane was told that he could not rebuild. He has tried to do the correct thing, permit wise, but still is being told he or anybody else can not rebuild. He is also being told he will not get a permit. I spoke with him the other day, he told me that he was back on the beach renting chairs and selling drinks, but was told not to come back because the beach is a private beach and no one can rent chairs or sell drinks. He was approached by roughly 20 Grandmares [sp] and told to pack up and leave. He was also told the Baie Rouge owners association doesn't want anyone on their beach. Gus is determined to make a living selling to his long time customers......he says "I have a license to sell, they have granted me, so I want to make a living". He pointed out to me a few times......since I was born, the beaches of St. Martin have always been public domain...nobody owns the beaches. I don't know what the outcome of this is going to be.......although after our conversation, I know Gus is determined to do what he has always done. Times have definitely changed......not for the better.