THis was an incident posted on Facebook.
"When renting a car in SXM, we always take the rental car liability insurance but decline the Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) insurance since the credit card is supposed to cover that. I always wondered what the experience would be if I had to use the CDW provided by my credit card. Well, it was actually not bad.

Long story short, our tail light was busted in the SXM True Value parking lot. (I parked there and ran to a neighboring business, not sure if that had anything to do with it smile. I went by the Hertz office and reported it. The Hertz people took pictures and filled out a report.

Eventually, the $205 for repair was billed to my Fidelity Visa card that was used for the rental. After returning home I contacted Hertz and they emailed me all of the info on the incident which I forwarded to the Visa claims department.

In summary I reported the incident on Dec 1, filed the claim on Dec 18 and got reimbursed for the full amount of damage on on Jan 29. All in all, fairly painless. The Hertz and Fidelity Visa people were all good to work with. I have to assume the results would have been the same for a much larger claim as the CDW covers up to the full value of the car."