Originally Posted by hfxslr
Good day all:

Going to be on a bareboat charter first week of April with a group of 10 on a 52 foot cat.

Have chartered on numerous occasions previously but have had this large a crew before.

Appreciate thoughts and experiences regarding advantages/disadvantages for a larger or second dingy for a group this size?

Any other suggestions for organizing a larger group welcome and appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

I have 52 powercat out with 9 guys and 1 dinghy. We arent doing long runs so splitting up group on dinghy rides. The other factor is size and weight of crew. I have 9 guys 200 lbs +. We also have an elevator lift so didnt want to tow a 2nd. I dont know if Moorings has 2 sizes anymore. In May I will have 3 adults and 7 young adults and will have 1 dinghy

Regarding the group make sure they are laid back and understand there is one captain and they need to listen. I am clear on this when i hold the captains briefing. Put people in charge of various duties for the week. Run through the boat systems and how to moor/anchor before you leave.

I suggest a tentative agenda and distribute it before hand along with Scotts BVI book. we consolidate what we are bringing. Planning in advance and setting the tone and communicating with the group in advance I have found to be most helpful.