I guess I owe the OP a personal ‘MYBAD’ with regard to his question regarding his request for Resort Recommendations.

When I think of a resort, I think of a full service property which in St. Maarten/St. Martin, and most places for that matter, means it would offer beach and/or a pool, restaurants and possibly a bar on site, activities on site, possibly a rental car company, perhaps a gym and a spa, and finally, an activities desk which provides the opportunity to book activities across the island. These would be my minimum requirements for an actual resort-type property.

I am another who absolutely loves my stays at Beachside Villas but I don’t personally consider it to be a ‘RESORT’ property using my own definition of what constitutes a resort. I guess in my mind I think of it as more of a ‘beachfront home’ with all the amenities of home? The Horny Toad Guesthouse and Le Petite Hotel also get very good reviews from repeat guests who stay there but I never thought of them as ‘resorts’ so please know I meant no slight as far as not recommending them along with so many other island prperties that are quite nice as well. I tend to think of many of the larger properties such as Divi, Sonesta, Simpson Bay Resort, and Grand Case Beach Club to mention but a few, as actual resorts.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."