So many great stops along the way on this trip. Where to start?

Well, first of all we don't spend much time snorkelling and even less diving so I'll concentrate on land based activities. St Bart's of course but you may already have spent time there. From there I'd head to Nevis. Great mooring field just outside main town. Only worth a day really.

Then on to Montserrat. You have to do an island tour to go and see the volcano.

From Montserrat head to Deshaies at the north west corner of Guadeloupe. Beautiful little anchorage and town. Setting for a recent BBC TV series, Death in Paradise. Clear customs at the local cyber cafe. You don't need to see a C&I official at all. Reasonable chance to reprovision as well at the Spar Supermarket.

After Deshaies then head for Isles des Saintes at the southern tip of Guadeloupe. Again, a beautiful anchorage with quite a few moorings now available. Good idea to take a mooring if you can as the holding isn't that great in places.

Then you have Dominica which is totally different in character. Much poorer and less developed. Good trips inland from Portsmouth.

Then onto Martinique. St Pierre in the north is an attractive town. Nice to take a trip up to the dormant volcano. Further down the coast, Les Trois Islet in the bay of Fort de France used to be a great stop. However, the marina was destroyed by Hurricane Omar in 2008 and hadn't been rebuilt last time I was there in 2011. At the very southern tip of Martinique is Le Marin which is your first good chance to get boat parts since leaving St Martin.

Then St Lucia. Not my favourite island.

St Vincent we normally bypass although we did have a nice stop in Wallilabou a year or two back.

Then on to the Grenadines. So many nice places. Just stop anywhere and you'll have a good time.

Finally on to Grenada. Although it is a big centre for liveaboard sailors there aren't that many great places for the holiday sailor. Better to spend your time further north.

Have a great trip.