Originally Posted by Donald
I I might also say there is a bit of an upside to the overall popularity. Again comparing the planning of a BVI trip to our recent experience booking a boat in the Grenadines, the BVIs has more charter companies, larger fleets, better options for those with different sailing budgets and easier access by air making it a better travel experience than other parts of the Caribbean. But all those options is bringing about the by-product (more people) that started the OP's thread. D

I am not sure I understand the "upside" argument. It has always been more difficult to get to the Grenadines than to the BVI. (AA through San Juan provided lots of "downside"). However, smaller charter fleets and relatively fewer people are a plus, not a negative. And you can now fly direct from Miami to St Lucia or Grenada!

It's been 10 years since we last visited, but I assume Bequia and Mustique still have plenty of non-BB FCFS mooring balls and great restaurants, there are still boat boys in the Tobago Cays who will deliver fresh grilled lobster and red snapper to your boat, and snorkeling the reef north of Petit Tabac is still superb. Those things are what I remember about our "travel experience,"