I am just voicing my opinion on this matter and perhaps Eric or Carol will respond further but here goes.

One has to be a REGISTERED member of TTOL to even view a profile of a person. With RonDon I see listed as "writer" and "dining" as "occupation" and "hobbies". That is the only personal information I can see. They do have their state listed and that shows up along with 4 listings pertaining specifically to TTOL activity. If I log out of TTOL then I can not see anything other than read posts. I also see virtually the same thing in my own profile with the exception I have my birthday listed.

Only the registered member can access their OWN full profile and it is only seen by the same registered member.

Not sure what the big deal is but I can assure you there are other websites, search engines and social media sites (secure or not secure) that store credit card numbers and more very sensitive information and tracking of one's activity that I would be way more concerned about.

As long as no sensitive personal information is entered (and there would be no reason to enter credit card #'s, etc), there should not be anything to be concerned about.

What I find amazing is when someone is traveling and they are constantly posting their whereabouts on Facebook or other social media sites, basically telling anyone who follows them, are friends with them or someone with less than honorable intentions, they are away and their house and could be an easy target.

I have a neighbor who thinks everyone wants to know where she is eating, traveling to or otherwise away from the house, and this makes them a much easier target if someone would want to break into their house.

J.D.