We just returned from sailing the BVI 6/19 thru 6/26. We had a great time which I'll post shortly but SADLY wanted to report 2 things that happened while we were down there.

On Sunday, a long time charter captain drowned at Norman Island. Please rest in peace. I don't know ant of the details, just rumors so that's all I can say.

On Monday evening there was a thunder storm that hit the water twice at Cooper Island and struck at least 4 boats. We got into Cooper Island around 10:30 Tuesday morning and heard that 2 boats had just been towed out. One had ALL the lights aboard blown out by the lighting, which meant most the entire electrical system was toast. A mono from Seabbatical was hit and had most of it's instruments terminated but did manage to get back to Sea Cow Bay ok. There was a nice, new looking catamaran that a repair crew was working on the entire 3 hours we were there yet didn't seem to be making any progress repair wise. Real reminders that although most of us never have major issues while sailing these beautiful waters, there are lots of things that can go south in a heartbeat. Clearly stay alert and always be careful.