Christo... yep....8 gallons of fuel, 21 hours on the engine, Jeanneau 36i. sloop, just Erica and I. most to charge the batteries at 1500 RPMs. Not the fuel burn that we would experience at cruise R.P.M/s

I noted our engine hours each day in our log, first thing in the morning, when I checked oil, coolant, belts, and engine compartment for any leaks. Engine hour meter was in the engine compartment.

Zero moving maps, no auto pilot coupled to a GPS, no Air Conditioning, No Wifi, , We used coastal navigation, paper charts, nav tools, compass, knot meter, and sails.

We also had to get ice, two bags per day, There was a refer, but it was not really doing much . Battery charging was easy, and actually was showing over
charging so we would flick on the refer to drain some of that extra charge.

We love sailing, that means under sail and not motoring . Except for runs between Marina Cay and Monkey Point for snorkeling. And passing eastward thru Thatch Cut, and also Colquhoun Pass, North Sound.
Depending on the distance of the passage, we swap helm and crew position every hour, or 30 minutes . Depending on the length of the passage. Both us are alert, and on watch, with a bit more relax time for
the crew position....who handled additional traffic, sail trim, main, traveler and jib sheets. Plus checking the bilge, etc.

There was no sextant, although Erica knows celestial navigation, but used Coastal Piloting and Navigation, eyeball nav, depth sounder, paper chart, and cruising guide worked out well. Just our way.

Boom2 and Sail45

Thank you for the encouragement on Anegada.....

May , pre Irma and Marie, ANEGADA , same type of vessel, jeanneau 36i, we spent a couple of days moored there. Loved Anegada, lobster dinners, snorkeling, pristine beaches, beach bars,
and fun people. Good times.

Our depth sounder in the mooring field read zero.

Before we flew down to the BVI, this May, we kept checking on the soundings at Anegada by Walker, and the depths were 5 to 8 feet.
I made the choice of not taking a chance of grounding . We needed to take good care of Conch Charters Vessel.

End game, This latest BVI sailing vacation, May 15 to 29, we had an absolutely wonderful, fantastic, two weeks,
with many islands and anchorages, old vafes, as well as new places visited as well.

Should there be another visit, perhaps we will return to Anegada at that time.

Our plans for the rest of this year will be stay cations to our deserts and mountains,

For next year, nd a half, for major vacations, Back to Costa Rica, and a return flying visit, to our beloved home island of Kauai , and also take an extended road trip
thru our west and south west, as well as up the pacific coast. The BVI, well, we will have to see if I am still upright two years from now. We love it there.

Thank you all for your tips and advice.

Denny and Erica