Basically, book with Boaty ball and get preferential advanced moorings.

If they say otherwise don't believe them.

Do you Remeber the promise to bring in fcfs boatyball so that you can pay by cc?

How about telling us they are bringing new balls to the bvi? What new balls, they only converted fcfs balls to boatyball.

Do you remember the promise not to raise rates from $35 per night. How long did that last? How high will rates go?

I have lost track of how many promises were broken, misleading deceptive etc. Can someone enlighten me?

Screw all the private boat owners, all the charter brokers(crewed or otherwise) , all of the tourists that don't play into their game, all of the charter companies that are not on their preferred list all of the owners of the boats in the fleets not selected etc.

I prognosticed early on that giving a foreign entity control of the moorings will have all kinds of bad consequences.

How can foreigners control who can have advance reservations, who cannot, who can use the balls in a mooring field etc. Nobody especially a foreigner should have control.

Boaty ball will claim that they are do not need a work permit to work in the bvi, but I doubt that's correct. They must come here to meet with the ball owners and supervise the installation of the balls.

Boatyball should not have been able to get a foothold.

If they are able to convert more balls, then eventually they will control the BVI cruising ground. Amazingly, not as large investors in anything. Not as citizens and not as belongers. Boat owners have more skin in the game.

George, are you pausing your plans to put another boat down here? I would not be surprised if you did.

This entire boatyball has been fiasco is and has been outrageous.

Boatyball does not solve any problems for cruisers, it only adds new ones.

The old fcfs system was fine and consistent with prudent seamanship.

It's horrible for the BVI in so many ways.

Last edited by warren460; 07/23/2019 06:55 AM.

Warren S/V Scuba Doo
Lagoon 50 (winner of best crewed yacht under 55 feet at the St. Thomas crewed yacht boat show).

https://www.cyabrochure.com/ebn/2307/pdyrX/6642/4///