Figured I would chime in... We're a gay couple from Massachusetts. We love SXM, especially Cupecoy and Orient. We go to Haulover Beach in Sunny Isles Florida, which is about 25 minutes north of South Beach. It's a state-sanctioned nude beach which is basically informally broken down into two sections: a "straight section" (families and couples) to the south and a "gay section" (primarily gay men) to the north end of the beach . People sometimes pose for group photos in both sections of the beach. No one seems to have any issues with it. My husband and I are fine with it. No big deal. We've had people ask to take our picture and we've said okay to that.

It's 2019, and everyone's phone has a camera in it. I imagine plenty of people are discreetly photographing or even taking videos of the ocean views of Haulover in Florida, or Cupecoy in SXM, or Orient. However, if someone is taking photos/videos of others who are nude and who don't want to be photographed, i.e., weren't ASKED if they want to be photographed, and DID NOT CONSENT to such photography, that is a horrible thing to do to complete strangers. Granted, it isn't exactly an easy thing to monitor, as someone might just be using the internet on their phone. Are people walking up to strangers and checking to see why they're holding their phones up? That's bizarre, if they are that paranoid. EVERYONE uses their phones at the beach ALL THE TIME to check social media, news feeds, etc.

It depends alot on the unspoken etiquette of the respective locations. Clearly, cameras are not welcome at Orient or Cupecoy, but Haulover is different. People are more tolerant of people using their phones to take pictures either WITH the consent of others or amongst themselves.

Last edited by DavidC2065; 09/06/2019 07:26 PM.