Day 4 - Became a pool only day. Dinner @ Pineapple Pete's. Lackluster service, food not up to their usual standard. Not our first trip there so this will not be a deal breaker. If it happens again it may be the last time they get a chance. During my pool time, I got some water trapped in my ear. Having trouble hearing. Hope it goes away overnite.

Day 5 - Water in my ear did not drain. Off to Maho Pharmacy 1st thing in the morning where they recommended swimmer's ear drops. Didn't work either. Paid a visit to Dr. Deketh @ Maho Clinic. Problem was not water but a chunk of wax. He flushed my ear and magically the issue was solved. $100 for appt. and treatment. Worth every penny. Sad to have lost most of a day dealing with this. Dinner @ Sale y Pepe. Great food. Odd service. See Mahokid's report for service details. Will return. Big hitch was a group of 30ish (age) men with a foul vocabulary right next to a table w/little ones. Went on for quite some time. Had to finally talk to management to get them to clean it up.

Day 6 - Last day. Lunch @ Tortuga. They rarely disappoint. Great sandwiches & a huge order of fries. Went booze shopping @ Gulmohar's. Got a couple of scotches not available here in the US. Did not rely on their inflatable bottle protectors. I had purchased my own before the trip & they worked great. Amazon can be your friend. Pool pals in late afternoon. Got a bit crisp. Not enough sunscreen. Dinner was pizza @ Fat Tony's. Met Mahokid & wife on our way in & their way out. It was good to see them one last time before our departure tomorrow. Great pizza. 2 beers & pizza $25. Got the chance to reacquaint ourselves with Bill & Elaine just prior to leaving. They are always a treat to converse with. Off to Stars for a little Blackjack. Played for about 2 hours. Lost $10. Cheap entertainment. Back to condo to pack.

Day 7 - Departure - Up early, finished packing. Dropped car w/Lesley @ airport. Surprise! All ticketed passengers are early so the flight leaves 30 minutes early!!! Flight uneventful. C & I took 30 minutes. Called hotel for pickup & it went smoothly as well. Arrived home in Punta Gorda around 7 p.m.

Sad that we didn't beach it this trip, but we live a short drive from beautiful beaches and can go whenever we want. Made new friendships & renewed old ones. Had a great time & I'd do it again tomorrow.