Great trip report! I am particularly interested because we will be on a Tauck trip starting in Cape Town, going to two different wildlife parks, Johannesburg and then to Victoria Falls, then back to Johannesburg and home. We will be starting our trek on 10/23 and returning on 11/6. I would be particularly be interested in the Tauck experience. As you have stated, you are return customers. We have been told that Tauck makes all of the transfers seamless and the accommodations are first class. I trust that this was your experience.

Sorry to hear that Victoria falls was a disappointment, due to lack of rainfall. I have read that certain times of the year can be less dramatic. we are scheduled to stay at the Victoria falls Hotel, while there and go on a dinner cruise to view the falls at sunset.

What can you say about attire during your trip? I have read that the Victoria Falls Hotel, just recently removed the sport jacket requirement for dining. Keeping in mind, the 44 lbs limit on luggage and the nature of the trip, I was thinking a more casual approach to the trip. What are your observations?

Finally, I have purchased a voltage converter and an assortment of plug adapters. The adapter recommended for SA is a two pronged plug with two rod-like prongs. However there are two that meet that criteria. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for a wonderful report. The true worth of forums like this relies upon reports like yours. Forwarding information to future travelers, based on actual experience, is priceless.