Originally Posted by ruralcarrier
Here in Canada if you smoke in a rental car Hertz, Budget etc. will nail your credit card with a cleaning bill. I don't think they ever succeed. That car is ruined forever.

Supposedly a hefty fine here in the US but it never seems to happen. We often rent and many times you can tell within seconds if a car has been smoked in.

Hopefully the smoker was billed. I know when trading in my cars I have been asked by the dealer if the car was smoked in; presumably that would decrease the trade in value.

Years ago there was a British study on the addiction powers of coke, heroin and nicotine. Of the 3 drugs the researchers found that the strongest chemical reaction at the end of the nerve synapses was with nicotine and therefore a cigarette junky would have the hardest battle in fighting that addiction. Tough addiction indeed.

And yes, reference was to the physical smell not the nature of the personalities. :-) I think smokers' sense of smell may be inhibited and that is why they don't realize how much the smell embeds in their hair, clothing and surroundings.

Now if we could only figure out why taxi drivers with B.O. cannot smell their brand of stinkiness the world would be a better place.

After every Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/63321157@N08/albums