I have to admit, the more I read the more I question whether I'm making the right decision by choosing the BVI as our charter destination. It seems like getting there from Vancouver is quite the hassle. This leaves me feeling like a week might not be enough to justify it, and…

The other thing is that my partner and I are both in our 30s, with me being past the hump and her still before it. We live more like we're in our 20s, though. No kids and focused mostly on adventures and good times. I'm starting to wonder if chartering in the BVI is maybe a little too…lazy for us? The thing that appeals to me most about sailing is the freedom. The fact that no infrastructure is needed to move from place to place and explore. I love being out on the water, but I love dropping the hook, swimming ashore and scrambling up a mountain to find a hidden lake with a waterfall all to ourselves even more! I don't think either of us would be content with just sailing from restaurant to bar to restaurant, and I'm kind of getting the impression that this is what the BVI is about. I hope my impression is wrong…is it?

I'd especially be interested to hear more from those familiar with my home area (i.e., the Gulf Islands, Sunshine Coast, Discovery Islands, etc.).

I have until the 20th to pay the deposit on the boat, so I'm starting to freak out a little. Any thoughts?

Last edited by bernk; 12/11/2019 03:43 PM.