Originally Posted by PelicanPirate
Who asked, they said they saw it on FB too. I haven’t seen or heard more.

I have always considered TTOL to be the smartest group. But honestly, the group is now quite snippy.

We arrive tomorrow and are obviously concerned. Maybe we will/won’t report action on the scene.

Maybe we’ll switch channels.

While I understand your concern, reading something elsewhere and not questioning it where initially read only leads to more speculation/rumor/"murmur" when posted here. I hope you do report and I hope you have a great and trouble free vacation.

I visit and belong to 3+ of the facebook groups and you are welcome to belong to as many or as few as you choose but if I saw something there that concerned me, I would first address it there. Nothing wrong with raising the question here but I saw the exact same thing you saw and actually wondered why it wasn't questioned more and even allowed to remain if not substantiated.

I prefer to deal in fact and not rumor or hearsay. I thought I had some information earlier today from a local island friend but before posting it, I contacted them as it did not make sense. Turns out it was something they had posted elsewhere 2 weeks ago but was just today showing up on a facebook page. Very strange for sure. Had I ran with what I initially thought to be a touchy situation it could have easily created some panic and confusion. I did not want to do that so I decided to verify the situation.

Good luck on your trip and the same to anyone else traveling to the island.

J.D.