Hello Pat.
Yes, all in all, we had a great vacation. So glad Hubby and I stayed the extra 5 days. It was nice to be in the Simpson Bay area and also the Maho area, change it up a bit, lol.
Would I stay at La Terrasse again? Probably yes. I may try La Plague as well. La Terrasse has the most beautiful pool area, with lots of chairs, new umbrellas, and they keep it so clean. Very nice.
The unit we stayed in was a one bedroom,,,and as I said had everything we needed, but was on garden/pool level. It was so convenient as we were last unit before entrance to pool, so very very handy access. However, I felt I would like to be on a floor higher up to catch more breezes, just me. Also, our unit was a bit tired....I am sure some owners have fresher more updated units?? I could see in some units when lights were on in the evening and they looked "brighter" somehow. The front desk people were friendly. Not much action at the pool bar, other than just happy hour. We had our own drinks in unit so we didn't buy anything there. Others used it.
I should have asked to see thru some other units, just for interest sake, but,,you know how it goes,,,we just got busy and didn't take the time. We paid 200 canadian per night,,,all in....so can't complain about that. My biggest issue was the bedroom seemed dark,,as the window for bedroom was at back facing hall,,,would love to have been able to open it for air circulation,,or light, but hall was kinda dark and of course had to keep it locked as it provides pretty easy access into unit. There certainly is more noise at La Terrasse than at Sol Y Mar on Kim Sha beach,,,but most of that is due to the airport with planes arriving and departing....

I never worry too much about anything while on SXM....we love it so much. Things have to be pretty bad!! LOL......Looking forward to coming again.
My only worry about SXM is,,,this year the traffic seemed much worse. I have never experienced so many traffic jams,,,etc. I realize it is high season,,but that is when us Canadians like to get out of the cold, lol
I may consider not renting a vehicle for entire stay next time, as it took forever to get anywhere this year.

And Yes, dealing with Lesley at Kenny's was a very good experience that is for sure!!! He was awesome. Vehicles were great. Just good all the way around.

Randy and Meg Young