Most of those ideas I think frankly are just totally impractical for SXM. As far as stationing a towtruck somewhere, the government is going to pay to have a towtruck sit somewhere every day and not take other business? Right. Government doesn't have the money to handle essential services now. Making roads one way that have always been two way? Talk about creating traffic accidents!!! Can you imagine the number of head on crashes there will be created in the first MONTH? Regarding public transportation, yes, a better public transportation system would benefit both locals and tourists. As far as BIGGER busses, h*ll no. To require busses to stop ONLY at bus stops, which are specifically created so that the bus does not stop in the middle of the road, yes. I would guess that the busses are all privately owned? And they go where they want, WHEN they want? Don't know. SXM government ( or any government, for that matter) is not particularly good at organizing things, but if the busses could be specifically licensed somehow to particular routes (if they aren't already) and required to keep a schedule and required NOT to stop in the middle of the road, wherever they want, to drop off passengers, that would be a help, so that more people would take the bus, because it was on time and dependable, that would be helpful. The optimal way to do that is to have government pay them a specific amount to keep them on that schedule. And where would the money come from? Who knows? As far as NIGHT bridge openings?? Wow, scary thought, dangerous. As far as public works, yes, SXM should have it's own ability to fill potholes. It is ridiculous that they don't. Again, money.. Regarding sunken boats in the lagoon, yes, they need to be removed, but not sure what that's got to do with traffic in Simpson Bay. Same with the last point, not sure how that affects traffic one way or another.

To ME, the biggest problem with traffic in Simpson Bay is that everyone backs out of parking spaces into the middle of the road all the time. How you address THAT, I have no idea.

Carol Hill