I am currently booked on a 26-day repositioning cruise that crosses the Atlantic and then has 15 stops, beginning in Portugal and ending in Venice. In addition to Venice, there are two other stops in Italy.

So far, Holland has not changed the itinerary or announced cancellation of the cruise. I don't see how they can stop in a country that's on lockdown, but I guess that's a topic for another discussion. They have announced new "cancellation policies" that allow you to cancel a cruise and receive a "future cruise credit" for the amount of the paid fare if you book in 2020 and cruise by the end of 2021. Of course, under this scenario, they hang on to your money all this time. Fortunately, I purchased their Cancellation Protection Plan, which allows you to cancel for any reason up until the start of your travel and receive a refund equal to 90% of what you paid.

For now, I'm just playing a waiting game to see if they sweeten the pot with any additional offers. I don't really want to lose 10% of what I paid, but I also don't want to subject myself to testing or possible quarantine. I was really looking forward to this cruise and will be sad if I have to cancel. Sigh.

26-Day Passage To Rome & Greek Odyssey

[Linked Image]